Listen To HELLYEAH Cover PHIL COLLINS With Performance By Late PANTERA Guitarist DIMEBAG...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HELLYEAH's new album, "Unden!able", arrives on June 3. In addition to current single "Human", the set features a cover of Phil Collins's "I Don't Care Anymore". The song features a guitar track from late PANTERA guitarist and HELLYEAH drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott's brother "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, which Vinnie and Dimebag first recorded 14 years ago. Dimebag was shot to death in 2004 in a nightclub. Vinnie told Rolling Stone about the track: "When Kevin [Churko, producer] got [Dimebag's original] tracks isolated, he synched them up, and when we listened them it totally gave me goosebumps. "We've always felt like [Dimebag's] been a part of this band since day one. We felt like his energy and his spirit was always with us. And for people to be able to hear him again in 2016 puts a big smile on my face." Added HELLYEAH singer Chad Gray: "It was like Dime was in an iso-booth tracking in the next room while I was singing my parts. Tracking that song was one of the most magical moments I've felt in my entire career. … After we recorded the first four vocal lines, Kevin called me on the intercom and said, 'I'm just gonna tell you right now. You're gonna be singing this song for the rest of your life. It's going to be amazing." Gray said about the song, "I needed to make it ours… People are going to love it. What I really hope is that Phil Collins loves it."
hellyeahundeniablecd.jpg

Continue reading...