Listen To New STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Song 'Never Enough'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
A brand new STONE TEMPLE PILOTS song titled "Never Enough" was premiered by Yahoo! and can now be streamed below. The track is taken from the band's upcoming self-titled seventh studio LP, which arrives on March 16. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist Dean DeLeo said in a recent interview with The San Diego Union-Tribune that the band would have quit if it hadn't found the right singer to succeed the late Scott Weiland and Chester Bennington. DeLeo explained: "If we didn't find the person we felt we could move forward with, we ultimately would have put a fork in it." But that person turned out to be former "X Factor" contestant Jeff Gutt, with DeLeo saying: "There was no room for error. That's why we spent nearly a year together with Jeff before we invited him to join the band. We wanted to make sure it was the right decision. But we did find somebody who could not ony do the catalog of our previous songs justice, but someone we could write new songs with, too." Gutt, a Michigan native, was previously a member of the bands RIVAL CITY and DRY CELL. Asked whether Gutt not being an established star was an advantage for the group, DeLeo replied: "I wanted a person I knew we could write songs with... I didn't give a shit if Jeff was well-known or not. I just wanted a guy who could do the gig." STP had been without a vocalist since November 2015, when Bennington — who joined the group in early 2013 — departed to spend more time with his main band LINKIN PARK. Bennington committed suicide last July. Weiland, who reunited with the group in 2010 after an eight-year hiatus but was dismissed in 2013, died in December 2015 of a drug overdose. STP kicked off its first tour with Gutt on the mic on March 2 in Santa Clarita, California.
stonetemplepilots2018cd.jpg

Continue reading...