Listen To WITCH CASKET's Entire 'Hatred Index' EP

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Hatred Index", the debut EP from the Southern California blackened death metal outfit WITCH CASKET, can be streamed in its entirety below. The effort was produced, engineered and mixed by the band's guitarist, Colin "Nylock" Cameron, and mastered by Maor Appelbaum of Maor Appelbaum Mastering. Nylock handled guitar, bass, drums, piano, keyboards and orchestral arrangements, while vocals were performed by Drogoth, with additional guitar by Neal Tiemann. Nylock had this to say about the writing process: "I wanted to do something different. I wasn't concerned with genre or subculture. I just wanted to write for the piece and let it flow from the darkness, untapped and unfiltered. Just the metal that I wanted to create, nothing more." The band will play an album-release show on June 24 at The Slidebar in Fullerton, California. WITCH CASKET was formed by ex-members of SOTHIS from Los Angeles, and guitarist Neal Tiemann of DEVILDRIVER. After over a decade of creating symphonic black metal, these musicians were looking to write more melodic death metal-style songs while still keeping aspects of the previous band's style. "Hatred Index" track listing: 01. Hatred Index 02. That Damn Devil 03. Dawn Everlasting 04. History of Violence 05. The True Knot Recording lineup: Nylock: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano Keyboards and Orchestral Arrangements Drogoth: Vocals Neal Tiemann: Guitar Live lineup: Nylock: Guitar Drogoth: Vocals Scathe: Guitar Aramis Arredondo: Bass Kaspars Lucey-Grinbergs: Drums
witchcaskethatredindex.jpg

Continue reading...