LITA FORD: 'I've Got The Best Fans'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
'80s hard rock queen Lita Ford was recently interviewed by Cody of Penn's Peak Radio. You can now listen to the chat below.

Speaking about her relationship with her fans, Lita said: "Oh, man. My fans are loyal. I've got the best fans. I was at a meet-and-greet, and my manager was with me. And my fans were hugging me, shaking my hand, [and asking me], 'Can I kiss you?' [I said to my manager,] 'Bobby' — 'cause he manages other artists — I said, 'Are your other artists' fans like this?' And he said, 'No.' And I said, 'Why me?' And he said, 'It's because of the way you treat them.' And I thought, 'Oh.' [He said,] 'They feel like they know you.' And I said, 'You know, I feel like I know them.' It's a weird bond. It's very cool."

Lita told Digital Journal in a recent interview that she is planning to release a standalone song this summer. "We have a single that is a surprise for the fans, which is really cool," she revealed. "It will be out on 4th of July and it is bad to the bone, and I am really proud of it. It's a cover tune. It is going to hit home with a lot of people."

Lita has spent the last few months working on new music with guitarist/producer Gary Hoey, who previously collaborated with her on 2012's "Living Like A Runaway" disc.

Ford's last release was 2016's "Time Capsule", a collection of songs that were recorded by Ford in the past, but never before made available.

Two years ago, Lita released an autobiography, "Living Like A Runaway: A Memoir", via Dey Street Books (formerly It Books), an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.

Continue reading...