Live album?

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
I find it odd that they've released a dvd set but no official live album (I have to make do with ripping the audio from Wrath of the Norsemen). Anyhow, the latest album has catapulted them to even greater success. I suspect the next album will continue this trend. That would make it an ideal time for an official live release to give fans something to buy and them something to tour for. Anyone else see this as likely?

The last couple of releases have had bonus cds with live shows on them....

As a bonus live material on a cd is always good, but to me it's a bit pointless releasing live albums seeing as i'd rather watch a live show than listen to it.

uh...yeah....Fate of Norns & With Oden....both albums had bonus discs that both contained live material. i think Fate Of Norns had the live Wacken show from 2004 on it, i could be mistaken, but they both had live shit on 'em.

Oden on our Side definately did, I got the digipack.

One sec, yeah.

Where Silent Gods Stand Guard and Death in Fire live.

And With Oden on our Side (Demo) and a demo of Hermod's Rise to Hel (It's not as good).
And Once Sent from the Golden Hall and Return of the Gods, sunlight recordings.

Got me a free amon amarth bottle opener too :D

uh...yeah....Fate of Norns & With Oden....both albums had bonus discs that both contained live material. i think Fate Of Norns had the live Wacken show from 2004 on it, i could be mistaken, but they both had live shit on 'em.

Oh yeah, right...I got the digipack of wooos, too...2 live songs with shitty sound, though...
Dunno about Fate of Norns. I just have the normal edition, I guess...

Live albums are shit. Generally poor quality with crowd cheers. Only exception I'd make is if it has something special, like Dream Theater's "Score" which is recorded with an orchestra.

Otherwise, it should always be a DVD with footage. The entire atmosphere of a live show is lost without the footage.

9_0.jpg

See that bit of metal in the middle of the case in the bottom right.
That's the bottle opener. Got it on my keyring right now.