Live Consternation LP

°scarlet°

i breathe to memories
Apr 22, 2005
italy
could anybody enlighten me whether this vinyl beauty is an official kata release or not?
it should look like this:

abnjtu.jpg

i’m quite an obsessive kata collector and didn’t even know of its existence... just came across it while browsing through ebay.
the LP is apparently limited to 500 handnumbered copies and is issued by 'NIGHT OF THE VINYL DEAD.'

what a coincidence. was informed today its officially licensed directly from peaceville...
how can u not love things limited and handnumbered.... sweet!
thank you very much for the prompt answer, Anders :kickass:

if anybody finds a store that holds one, tell us... cant find anything.. even on ebay.
this is the ebay page i was talking about.
the guy seems to have several copies of it but i’m sure the LP will be on sale somewhere else as well.

I would if I could, but it seems the label dont sell anything... they dont even have any links to distros on theyre webpage.
they do sell stuff!
i bought from the guy via ebay but he sent me also the link to his label (the one you mentioned) - when contacting him that way, you have to send an e-mail (look at the section ‘contact’ on top right), specify what you want and how you want to pay and he gets back to you.

I do not know whether the label sells to end users, but there is an e-mail address on the contact page - just click the (well concealed) link below the "Contact Us" picture. I also missed this link until Scarlet mentioned it.

I tried to buy this the morning it went on sale and it was already sold out. Not sure how this dude got 10 copies but it answers why I've never been able to get anything from NotVD.

I assume you mean the ebay seller - not the guy from NotVD? I would expect 500 copies of a mediocre live recording from a band of Katatonia's size to be sufficient.

If I miss out on this, no big deal. It's ridiculous the price they have set for it, and the quality of this label isn't the greatest. And I much rather collect food than collect another piece of wax.

When comes the tape version?

Those NOTVD releases are pretty damn expensive indeed.. I have the Sentenced "Frozen" and Dismember "Hate Campaign" vinyls as well. They did a pretty nice job on them I think..

They do have some pretty strange choices of the albums that they choose to release I think, but they probably pick the ones that haven't had a vinyl release before.

Yeah, they put out some total mediocre albums just to say "we put them out on wax first" or whatever...I don't know, maybe they have some of the worst tastes ever...haha...I'm not including everything they put out fyi.