Live From Abbey Road

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Has someone seen this show? Here it plays on Sony Channel and today I was looking at it by chance and was Iron Maiden playing a song from AMOLAD and then 'Hallowed Be Thy Name'. The show is cool is basically the band playing in the studio with cameras and various angles, so it is live but without an audience.

The things that stroke me the most were:

a) the song from AMOLAD the solo was entirely by Janick Gers, not a bad solo but nothing spectacular, Dave and Adrian were just doing the rythm

b) the guys look old, I mean trashed by mother life. It's kind of weird I have a picture image of them and now they look like 30 years older (which is roughly what they are), except for Bruce and Janick they look somehow in better shape.

d) 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' was great with Adrian and Dave handling the solo and Janick doing something in th back :lol:

d) Nicko's drum kit (with the AMOLAD logo on the bass drum) still uses Paiste Rude cymbals :worship:, and the logo of Paiste is done with Iron Maiden font, that really made my day:headbang:

NP: Intruder - 'Blind Rage'

Yeah, I saw that a while back. most of the time, they have theses Indy based female singers doing mock-soulful/alternative kind of songs. Where I live, it's on the IFC(Independant Film) channel. As usual, they had more in depth talks from all the other groups/singers, and didn't seem to give Maiden quite the same time and respect. So far, Maiden has been the only one on the program that was worthy.

Another series of this starting on channel 4 over here recently. Aside from when Maiden were on it the rest are mostly pretty average flash in the pan indie acts.

Worth keeping an eye on though for the off chance someone else decent appears. Was worth watching when Maiden were on it