live mistakes?

Bored

Jul 21, 2004
just wondering,for those that saw opeth live has anyone seen them screw up at all? a frienf of mine said he did on benighted in the toronto show haha

a frienf of mine said he did on benighted in the toronto show haha

HAHA LOLOol teh Opethz (a human lolol wtf) screwed up durign a gig. hhahah metlcia is so much bettrar lolol \m/

Well the biggest ive seen was on the DVD when they played drapery falls.. sure everyone has seen that one though. BIG fuck up ahahah

Show back in 96, Mike's guitar goes silent during the second minute of Advent. They stop, apologise and fix it.

Great story... but only with goat cheese.

suislidE said:
Well the biggest ive seen was on the DVD when they played drapery falls.. sure everyone has seen that one though. BIG fuck up ahahah

Dont know what your talkin about. Can you please tell me when it happends?

They screw up a few times on Lamentations. I mean, it's only minor stuff though, like Mikael's voice cracking and he also hits a wrong note in the Master's Apprentices solo.

Gin_from_the_bottle said:
ehm i think i remember they screwed up on benighted i think, in toronto when they came with PT.

Mike screwed up twice on benighted, remember? he just smiled and nodded at the crowd :) it was great

When I saw them they didn't fuck up, but he started playing the verse to "Harvest" on his acoustic then stopped and said he forgot, but it seemed like he was kidding.

only one sticks out in my mind really...back in the blackwater park tour, mikes guitar cut out, and so he had to start using a spare guitar on the stage while his tech figured out what the problem was...it was a bit of a mess.

There was a minor mistake at the show I saw with Opeth, it was during "Bleak" and in the begining of the clean vocal line Mike´s voice fucked up a little bit. Nothing too noticeable thou.

Yea ive seen some instances where mikes old black prs dies on him. happened on a show in florida on the 01 tours. Mikes guitar cut about a minute into leper affinity and his tech had to stand behind him on stage and put his guitar on him cause he was singing the part before the solo, he got it on just in time to play the solo too heh.

There is another messup peter did on the 01 tour, think it was a show in canada where he slid down too far when he plays the bar chords on the very last riff where mike plays the lead.

I think its cool to discuss all their screw ups, because you guys are right, its good to know that they are indeed human :)