Live Political Debates

I don't vote .. not that I can't, I just don't for a number of reasons I'd rather not get into.

I am however very interested in debate, especially political. I think deep down I have a love for politics, though I'd never openly admit it. :)

If I had to vote, it would not be libreral ..

The Winnipeg Warrior said:
Tell me: Being Canadian, I really like the US system. Fixed election dates, 2 maximum terms, elected senators, maximum political party contributions, elected judges and police chiefs, maximum minimum sentences for violent crimes, etc. Is this a good thing, and do you recommend myself endorsing a candidate with this mandate? Because I'm still undecided.
this is one of those "things that looks good on paper" kind of situations if you have to chose between 2 guys and both of them are totaly fucking crap then making a desicion is a total fucking waste of time

Silver Incubus said:
I actually like the way our government works, you can kick out the winning party if enough of the minority agrees. Like in this case.

.....buts that great for you. You happen to live in a "Have" province in Central Canada, where the balance of power and equalization payments works in your favor. And the Liberal government caters to Ontario's every whim. But it's not so great for Atlantic or Western Canada.....the "Have Not" provinces.....where the lions share of "our" tax dollars are ending up in "your" pocket.

Why do you think the Reform Party (later the Alliance and now the Conservatives) came about? It was Western Canada's answer to the Liberals in the same way that Quebec's Bloc Quebecois was .....because we've all been getting royally screwed by the Liberals for decades.....especially starting with the Trudeau years. While the Liberals sit on billions of surplus dollars each and every year and give it to Big Business and their friends in Ontario.....the rest of the countries' cities and provinces are falling apart. Because we've been robbed of our share of the pot.

So, when you see the strong push for Steven Harper's nomination, it's basically coming from everywhere but Ontario, who doesn't have a clue how it is in the rest of the country. And why should you....."Uncle Pierre, Uncle Jean, and now Uncle Paul" have taken good care of you at the expense of the rest of Canada for almost 40 years. It's time for change. STAND UP FOR CANADA!

http://www.conservative.ca/

That's right!!:headbang:

ca.gif

.....but the same thing happens in US States likes North Dakota, Wisconsin, Omaha, Montana, and Wyoming.....to name a few. If you don't live in high profile states like New York, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Texas, and California, you're shit out of luck. GW'ya can carry the electorate in those states alone without the rest of the country even showing up at the polling booths. And the same thing applies here. Ontario and Quebec can elect the government without the rest of the country even voting.

Most of the US probably hates Washington D.C, the way that we hate Ottawa up here. Far too much centralized power.

I'll tell you what brown's my arse? Convicted criminals being allowed to vote. Imagine that? You're sitting on Death Row.....and you can still fill out a ballot and decide who will be in government. Perhaps someone that.....if elected.....can grant you clemency. Brilliant idea!

The Winnipeg Warrior said:
I'll tell you what brown's my arse? Convicted criminals being allowed to vote. Imagine that? You're sitting on Death Row.....and you can still fill out a ballot and decide who will be in government. Perhaps someone that.....if elected.....can grant you clemency. Brilliant idea!
in America (i don't know about Canada) prisoners can't vote while still in prison, they have to get paroled or finish their sentances and phisically show up to the voting booths, just like anyone else, so i think that for America, voting should be a requirement after getting relesed from prison (which was actually an idea being tossed around the senate for a while) because it would change the (crappy american) laws for the better. In America the crimes that involve illegal aquisition of money have, by far, the highest recidivism rates, and it really has absolutely nothing to do with the "american desire for money", it has to do with the fact that if you're a convicted felon in America, after you get released from prison, you'll eventually get to the point of having to make the choice between comitting a crime and starving to death, and the cops do this purpously and maliciously when they arrest a person that has to have a college degree to do their job. for example if your job involves any kind of working with any computers at all (even if your work place doesn't give you internet access) and you get arrested for any crime involving any type of identity theft, any type of fraud, (even if the ID theft or fraud didn't involve computers) any type of sexual crime, any crime involving a child victim (even if the crime was non-sexual), guess what your computer tech degree has just become totally fucking worthless even if the charges were dropped.
for every single American job title that involves any type of college degree there's gonna be a type of crime that will make your degree instantaniously worthless the instant that you're hand-cuffed
taking away a felon's right to vote will comepletely prevent these laws from changing for the better with the extrmist right-wing religious groups changing these laws for the worse
everyone on earth has the desire to do some of the things that other people would find objectionable, that's human nature, indaviduality, but just because someone was weak-minded enough to give in to those totally natural impulses or unlucky enough to get arrested for some shit that didn't fucking happen, doesn't mean they become less of a human being than those people slick enough to have never gotten caught doing the illegal things they have fun doing or those people that go crazy from the desire to do the things that they don't do for nothing more than the fear of getting caught people are evil and i'm not going to say that any one group of people deserve to have any rights that any other group doesn't desrve to have

btw
every thing i said was based on how america works and would prolly be completely different in any other country

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
in America (i don't know about Canada) prisoners can't vote while still in prison, they have to get paroled or finish their sentances and phisically show up to the voting booths, just like anyone else, so i think that for America, voting should be a requirement after getting relesed from prison (which was actually an idea being tossed around the senate for a while) because it would change the (crappy american) laws for the better. In America the crimes that involve illegal aquisition of money have, by far, the highest recidivism rates, and it really has absolutely nothing to do with the "american desire for money", it has to do with the fact that if you're a convicted felon in America, after you get released from prison, you'll eventually get to the point of having to make the choice between comitting a crime and starving to death, and the cops do this purpously and maliciously when they arrest a person that has to have a college degree to do their job. for example if your job involves any kind of working with any computers at all (even if your work place doesn't give you internet access) and you get arrested for any crime involving any type of identity theft, any type of fraud, (even if the ID theft or fraud didn't involve computers) any type of sexual crime, any crime involving a child victim (even if the crime was non-sexual), guess what your computer tech degree has just become totally fucking worthless even if the charges were dropped.
for every single American job title that involves any type of college degree there's gonna be a type of crime that will make your degree instantaniously worthless the instant that you're hand-cuffed
taking away a felon's right to vote will comepletely prevent these laws from changing for the better with the extrmist right-wing religious groups changing these laws for the worse
everyone on earth has the desire to do some of the things that other people would find objectionable, that's human nature, indaviduality, but just because someone was weak-minded enough to give in to those totally natural impulses or unlucky enough to get arrested for some shit that didn't fucking happen, doesn't mean they become less of a human being than those people slick enough to have never gotten caught doing the illegal things they have fun doing or those people that go crazy from the desire to do the things that they don't do for nothing more than the fear of getting caught people are evil and i'm not going to say that any one group of people deserve to have any rights that any other group doesn't desrve to have

btw
every thing i said was based on how america works and would prolly be completely different in any other country

Thats a very well-made point LRD. I cant help but to wonder whether you have been convicted of a felony yourself, and are a victim of this discrimination.

speed said:
Thats a very well-made point LRD. I cant help but to wonder whether you have been convicted of a felony yourself, and are a victim of this discrimination.
wow thanx i saw your name and i totally thought you were gonna bitch at me

really i knew all this shit really young cuz i grew up in a place where i was the only white person in my apt complex i don't mean mexicans like the shitty apt complex i live at now where i'm the only person that speaks english
where i grew up there were no mexicans at all. me, my 2 ghost-white siblings, an only child named Jeremy and another only child named Ashly were the only white people where some of the black people didn't speak english cuz they spoke Nigerian/Swahili and half the apt complex spoke Korean with Chinese and Japenese people in the comlex across the street i'd already used just about every drug you could name before i lost my virginity with a hooker and all the Korean people knew that english-speaking black people were living in these apts infested with scary huge cockroaches because of white supremisist-cops it was just common knowledge there, everybody just knew that the other 2 white kids had convicted felons for parents and that the relentlessly malicious cops didn't like asians
i grew up in a world that most computer-users have/will never experience