Live Scenes from New York recalled

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
It's official all unsold copies of Dream Theater's new live album "Scenes from New York" have been recalled (hope you already have your copy, it is going to be a collector's item). It has been recalled because the cover art shows a burning New York skyline containing the WTC towers. It will soon be re-released with new cover art. What do you guys think? Is it an impulsive over reaction? It is my opinion that it is a bit ecessive, it's not as if the scene couldn't be covered by some sticker, I can see how some might be offended, but gimme a break. I am glad I am not so easily offended whereas that walking by a recoord in a store upsets me. Thats me, what do you think?

I don't think it will be to big of a collectors item, a lot of stores still sold them. I got mine, Dream Theater are really a great bunch for recalling the album. Although I don't even think of the tragedy when I look at the cover it was probably the right thing to do to recall them. What a class act.

I was in a record store the day after it was released, and they had like 15 or so copies of it. I had the damn thing in my hand, but then I decided I would wait a little while to get it. Then I find out that they were being recalled and it was to late to get one. Damnit!!! Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for the new cover art. Its not like I was ever gonna sell it anyway...

Originally posted by winter-frost
I don't think it will be to big of a collectors item, a lot of stores still sold them. I got mine, Dream Theater are really a great bunch for recalling the album. Although I don't even think of the tragedy when I look at the cover it was probably the right thing to do to recall them. What a class act.

I agree, I hate 2 think how muchg its costing them. I don't think its been released here yet tho :confused: I really wanna hear it!