Local talent?

SueNC

Southern born, metal bred
Dec 13, 2004
got any?
these guys are probably the most well known on the local NC scene [not counting my boys, COC]. they're obviously in it for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
these guys, Blatant Disarray, take it a little more seriously.

Wow Widow kicks ass. Thanks for putting that out.:headbang:

glad you enjoyed that. that's the usual reaction to Widow around here. they put on a cool show.

here's a vid from their 2nd album that featured a female vocalist, LiLi.
she was cool but she did the unthinkable and butted heads with John E. and Christopher [both guitarists and clean and death vox, respectively]. i dont know the details, but she was unceremoniously bounced from the lineup.
she didnt care. from what i heard, she wasnt a fan of that kind of music to begin with and she later earned a scholarship to some prestigious music academy in the UK.

Viper are a bunch of young guys, but their sound is very much in the vein of older metal, like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.
listen to the tunes they've got posted on their MySpace page that i posted earlier and judge for yourself.

they're fast on track to topple Widow as the favored live act in the NC scene.

check the video they've got posted on their MySpace page. i believe that's Widow's John E. rocking out at the front of the stage. those guys play together a lot.