Logo or NO logo for The Great Cold Distance?

With or without logo?

• ...with logo (they have an awesome logo)

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • ...without logo (simpler approach is better)

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
I recently added Katatonia's classic logo to the new album's cover seeing as how some seemed disappointed with the new, simple "text" approach (which I myself REALLY like - seems fitting to their rocking and chillin sound.)

Anyway, you decide which you prefer - it'd probably end up looking close to this...

I'll still go with the one that they went with (simple approach.) It's different and I like the layout.

I think it should be on there, but consideration as to the size might be a good idea. I mean, maybe a good blend would to have the "new" Katatonia logo very small on the cover, but still there.

i think this cover is better without, because the logo draws too much attention and disturbs the atmosphere of the cover, very simple, dramatic and essential..
the logo is too much "baroque" for this cover and concet, yet I love the kata logo and it feels kind of naked without it...so I don´t know...hope however it won´t disappear in the future...

It looks better the way it is... putting the old logo in there looks off somehow. Many bands have done this before and gone back to their logo on their next album. (Didn't Amorphis and In Flames do this?) It's fine with me. I still have the logo window sticker on my car.

-Vince

N.P. Men Without Hats - Living In China

Alcapoth said:
I recently added Katatonia's classic logo to the new album's cover...

Great idea. Here's my take...

Katatonia-The-Great-Cold-ph.jpg