LONDON gig last night!

fridaY13th

Champion of the WORLD
Oct 19, 2002
West London.
www.planetcarl.com
Shadows Fall came on first, they were actually pretty amazing, and the lead singer's dreads were incredible. Soilwork came on, i was bored by them however others enjoyed it.
Went down to the pit to see bodom, and the crowd was loving it, they started with needled 24/7, and u could hear every1 humming the main tune of it. Oh, and before coming on i think alexi was playing that britania song on guitar, after needled they went straight into hate me, they played the songs flawlessly, but from where i was standing it was kinda sounding all muffled.
I crowd surfed for the first time too :), bodom played all the usuals, and sixpounder and angels dont kill were amazing, (he changed to a white ESP for these i think).
Jaska did a drum solo, but unfortunatly it didnt impress me, it was like he wasnt trying. They also did a War of Razors type thing as well, and encored with Downfall.

man, what a amazing gig!

i got right to the front when bodom came on but i was soooo damn squashed, :lol:

Hey, yes it was damn amazing! Hehe, yes I was very very squashed at the front lol!

Right people, I know the songs played, just what order were they in?
Opened with Needled 24/7, went straight into "Hate Me", finished with Downfall. Anyone know the order?

i was there too. got all my photos with cob and soilwork and shadows fall and the gig itself. :D
was extremely amazing, and they are alot better live! they make the cds sound easy! also, you wont believe the speed of jannes fingers, its just nuts!
yeah i got major squashed at the front, and to all the people who remained at the front all that time, congrats to you! god knows how you coped!
sound and lights of bodom were very cool! alexis guitars, errrmm, not as good looking as the ol'jacksons. alexanders guitar was quite cool.
overall a good night! seemed short though, maybe coz i was enjoying it so much!
USA AND CANADA...PREPARE!

yeah, i got to meet the band, was there since 1, met somefuckingwarrior

soilwork were shit ! and tge singer got pissed off when i kept requesting PINBALL MAP hehehehhehe

cob were amazing, but half way through needled i just had to be pulled out from the front row by the security guard, my ribs are bruised, my arms and back are too :( never fe;t so mch pain at the front of a gig

i was on the balcony for the whole gig, got a great view, despite being in a very uncomfortable leaning position. Shadows fall I only caught half of, but enjoyed them... soilwork I was dissapointed with.. heh could hear K shouting pinball map too ;)

Bodom ruled last night... I loved thier set, wasn't a single track i didn't know and love. Hope they play here again soon :D

Chokehold said:
:headbang:Hexxan's avatar is cool

haha, cheers mate, but as it says, i stole it from the 'Online Metal Awards' fits me well tho as i play a Warlock, but i dont have that much hair :lol:

Yes it was fucking brilliant.

Me and my girlfriend and a couple of friends met Alexander just walking down the road in Oxford Street. He seemed a bit pissed off which was understandable because it was raining and he probably wanted us to leave him alone. He also made it clear that he was unimpressed with Sheffield.

haha! he seemed like a nice guy though.

That was possibly the best gig ive ever been to sound and atmopsherically wise, I sat out Shadows Fall in the bar on the balcony but i was still impressed with them espeically the lead singers crazy dreads, they were awesome :D
Went down for soilwork was right in the pit about 7 rows from the front, and it was fucking amazing everyone was intent on making as much chaos as possible but still made sure no1 go too hurt :)
I went to the side at the start of bodom, but after their first song i couldnt stay there so just battled my way into mosh pit again for their whole set, bodom amazing live , the only dispointing things were the drum solo which could do with more effrot :p and the flag behid the set, WHERE WAS THE REAPER :( i wanted to see a huge reaper but beggers cant be choosers, it was awesome, and the crowdsurfing was pretty fun to, well played to that guy at the front, he picked me off the people like i was a fucking matchstick!

-4bz