Long XLR Cable? Do they exist LAWL

selke61

Music Producing Ginger
Jan 25, 2011
Well obviously they exist, but I'm having trouble finding them on ze internet. Can someone link me to one on Musicians Friend, Sweetwater, whatever. I have an extra room I would like to use for vocals so that my current studio can just be a control room and not a vocal booth as well. Maybe one thats around 30 ft long, maybe longer? :worship: thank you!

you could always buy the cable and connectors and do it yourself. It's what i've been doing and after the first few screw ups they work perfectly fine and cost a fraction of the pre made ones. also allows you to run them the perfect length.

plus making them yourself really doesn't take that long, and its nice to have some soldering skills as an engineer

Thanks guys. I don't know why I had trouble finding them. I looked into Musicians Friends and maybe I missed the footage. But I'm going to attach 2 XLR cables. For some reason, didn't think that was possible. Much cheaper. Thanks guys! :headbang:

I once bought a 10m long xlr cable from our local music shop and it was totally awful. We recorded vocals on oe track with it and we had to do the song all over again becouse the cable killed all lows and dropped the volume a bit.

I guess there's good and long vables also but this one was utter shit.