"look your last upon the sun...."

theboinkbaron

the real autumnal demon.
Mar 4, 2003
When i saw Opeth on the Deliverance tour, I bought a shirt that had on the back of it "Look your last upon the sun." I figured this was going to be a line from damnation, but the line hasn't made itself clear to me yet. Has anyone figured out any of the lyrics or know where the line comes from?

Maybe it just sounded good. I can't recognize it from Deliverance either.

maybe another sign that opeth is leaving us soon...
bawl1.gif

how could i have possibly read too much into the back of a shirt that says something that appears to have no connection to the front?

**edit--I am a tard. please excuse.**

nevermind theboinkbaron hopkins' post was directed at me.
@hopkins: probably you are right... at least I hope so...

I imagine it refers to the image of the woman in the window, with all of the light coming through, in the Deliverance artwork...but...what do I know.

that last post got me thinking about who might have written the line, so i plugged the phrase into google, and it appears to be a quote from (get this) Ivanhoe of all places. Now that we know where it's from, we have the even bigger puzzle of figuring out what the importance of it is. CRAPS!

does anyone know what the story of ivanhoe is? the only thing i know is that it's supposed to be one of the longest and most boring books of all time.