Looking for 8 string guitarist to record LP

JohnGalloway

Mar 29, 2012
Hudson, FL
Hey guys!

I'm trying to find an 8 string guitarist who would be able to record guitars for my band's album.
Here's a little background info, in case anybody considers it relevant:
I have a "band" called Xehanort [http://www.facebook.com/XehanortMusic]. I'm the only person in the band. I only do vocals, but after getting into Guitar Pro, I started writing music.

Usually, I have my friends record guitars/etc for me, but this is a massive project and I didn't want to just have a friend take a couple hours every week or so to record--it would take months to finish everything, and I'm adamant to release it by summer!

To sum up the musical style: it's pretty straightforward "Progressive" Deathcore. There are lots of breakdowns, a fair amount of "groove" riffing, plenty of trem picking melodic sections, etc.
I would consider the difficulty as intermediate, but I am of course not such a good judge, not being a guitarist, myself. It's really not that hard!

Anyways, I'm looking to pay around $40 per song [it averages out to like 4 minutes per track]. The ONLY guitars I need recorded are the rhythm guitars. Just double tracked. Aside from having guitars recorded, I also from time to time utilize guitar VSTi's like Shreddage 2. However fake they may be, they're more than enough for certain parts of music, so I will be doing more than a few rhythm parts with the VSTi instead of having someone record it [just less for you to record]. Overall, there are 10 tracks that need recording.
The tuning is EBEADGBe on an 8 string

I work and otherwise have a life [and I expect it to be generally the same for anyone who might be browsing on here], so I am asking to follow this general workflow:
Record one song per week. I'll pay $40 for each song after it's recorded and delivered. I figure a week is ample time to learn the generally simple songs and to double track just rhythm guitars!

I'm looking for an 8 string player, obviously. Proper intonation. Nice, clean-sounding DIs. Decent playing. Editing/quantizing yourself is a plus, although I don't mind doing that myself. I use Guitar Pro 6 so you would need access to that in order to learn the material. I pay through PayPal.

I have a very short "intro" song to the album, un-included in the 10 songs I need recorded. If you're interested, I'll send a backing track for that and the song's Guitar Pro file to "audition" your guitarsound or whatever!

If anybody is interested in helping me out or has any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers guys :headbang:

I could do it, but I'd need to hear some of the material first as I'm not 100% whether I can play it. (can't sweep or any of that crazy nonsense) :haha:

Using a Schecter Damien Elite 8 with 808s into a Saffire 6 USB, btw. I'd assume you'd just want DIs so you can reamp to your liking?