Looking for a metal(stainless?) Jazz III shaped pick. Is there such an animal?

Plissken

New Metal Member
Aug 16, 2013
Hello all, new to the forums, looking forward to chatting with like minded people!

1st and foremost, I use Jazz III picks, specifically the Eric Johnson ones, mainly because they have the best grip, and their red so it's easy to locate when dropped. Been wanting to try a metal pick, but haven't found a Jazz III shape metal guitar pick.

Is there such a thing? Or do I need to figure out how to make one? :hotjump:

I use Jazz III picks, specifically the Eric Johnson ones

They are awesome, you are awesome, we are awesome.

Not related to question but try the Jazz Stubbys as well, absolutely amazing for lead work. I've tried every single jazz pick, the standard, the XL, stubby 1, 2, 3mm, the Petrucci, Johnson, Ultex standard, tortex, the Jazz 2, the weird 1, the max grips ....

Always come back to the Johnson for all round playing. If I'm tracking or doing something specific, the XL for chunky rhythm and stubby for lead.

Best picks evaaar :headbang:

Same here. I made some out of washers with a dremel a few years ago and use the EJ III as the template.

Awesome advice so far, thanks guys! I like the old symbol and tin snips idea, pretty sure there's a pair of those hiding in the garage somewhere.

My 1st guitar teacher recommended the Jazz III picks, I was using standard picks, and always wanting to play metal I would break them every 10 minutes, Jazz III saved me a small fortune picks lol. Once I got used to the feel, there was no turning back. I'll check out the stubbys just for fun though.

Btw, does anyone have an old drum symbol I could have or buy? :)

Try the Tortex® Pitch Black Jazz III in 1mm sometime. They last pretty long, have good grip, and more bite than the red ones.