Looking for a specific Intro from the 90's

Legion Victrix

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2023
Hey guys,

New here, I've been thinking about this Intro track for years now, I would like to play along with it. I can't remember it all but it was quite simple and back in the early 90's, one of my friend had the album that starts with that track.

The infos on the track as far as I can remember:

1- Album art was quite colorfull (I'm 50/50 sure on that)
2- The track started with animal sound, like Frogs and Crickets in a Marsh
3- Drum bottom toms faded in. 2 hits then paused... 2 hits again, and so on.
4- Guitars started blending in, matching the drum hits.
5- Then a simple melody started from the other guitar and bass also started and matched othe 1st guitar.
6- Years of references: between 1991 and 1994

That's pretty much it. I don't know if anyone can help out, I tried finding it on Youtube and even with ChatGPT but mo match were found.

Thanks in advance !!

Cheers

I think the only intro I know that gets remotely close to animal/marsh sounds is this from Saint Vitus:

Thanks for the answer. That's not the band I'm looking for but thanks a lot for the try.

Like I said, it really feels like being in a Marsh with frogs, locusts and maybe grasshoppers at 1st. Then the floor drums blends in from zero to very loud very slowly. Once the drums are in, the guitars blends in at the same pace of the drumm and melody starts over it, being played by the 2nd guitar.

That's quite specific but I can't fond it...

Also I remember this band was a Death Metal band, so the vocals after the intro were arsh vocals.

Thanks again

2391302_orig.gif

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
You're a Master !!!! How did you find it ??? I really have goose bumps right now !!! I,ve been having this song coming back in my head for years !!!!!

Thanks a milion times !!!!

Just saw your thread yesterday.....didn't have to find it because you gave a pretty good description. Knew what it was right away.....or was pretty sure anyway.

The thread was originally in the Old School Metal Discussion section, which you've gotta realise is mainly about 70s and 80s stuff as the UM forum is so freakin' old, having been launched in 2001 or earlier when the 90s wasn't considered old school yet. :D

Reactions: Legion Victrix
The thread was originally in the Old School Metal Discussion section, which you've gotta realise is mainly about 70s and 80s stuff as the UM forum is so freakin' old, having been launched in 2001 or earlier when the 90s wasn't considered old school yet. :D

Hehehe ok, good to know. I'm turning 46 this weekend and I've been listening to metal since I was 11 Years old. Metal has evolved quite a lot only between now and the 90's so I also consider those years as Old School metal.

Thanks for the info again :)