Looking for your favourite Turisas-photo of all-time...

Nygård

Warlord
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
Some of you might have noticed, that the Gallery -section on turisas.com has never really happened. As the internet is filled with thousands and thousands of photos, there's really no need for a desperate attempt trying to make some sort of a big database. What we'd like to have is only a handful of images, that all are top notch quality. This is where we turn to you: which Turisas photos would deserve to be put up in the gallery of the greatest of the greatest?

By quality we look for:
- professional photography (no grainy pocket-photography)
- the catch, the moment, the idea
- aesthetically pleasing (technically): composition, colours etc.
- aesthetically pleasing (contentwise): also the target looks good!

I guess most of these would be live photography, but we're not limiting it to that (even if we doubt there's much to be found outside)

Do not post tens of pictures. Try to really think of only the best 1-3 pics max. REMEMBER TO RESPECT COPYRIGHT!! USE LINKS! For whatever we choose to use at a later point for the site, we'll obviously get in touch with the copyright owner for permission.

Also, feel free to discuss if there's anything to be said about the subject.

PS:

We've also restructured the Fans -section a bit. There's a few new additions, and more to come. If you have anything to submit (even something you've stubled across and not your own work), please do!

If you have any ideas on how to improve this section (or even the site in general), make it more interesting - whatever... everything is welcome!

I really love it that things are given a go, I already checked the fangallery...lovely!

BUT (yeah, there is a but) for my taste the thumbnail-photos should be a little bigger so you can get a bit more of overview before clicking thtough all of the pictures...
And, what also would be cool, if the menue about skipping the pics forward or so, which is now on the right lower corner, could be moved a bit closer to the photos themselves - because you can easily not see this menue now...

After doubting my photos would be good enough, I just give it a try ;)

Please keep in mind, that myspace at times screwes the quality (original ones are not that pixelated, plus, the size of copyright can be changed or completely erased...^^):

1) http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/112/l_543438ee43fd468c83eeb2d787a36770.jpg

2) http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/l_e939cde773e040f0b666e3b20ca63844.jpg
(or that maybe: http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/67/l_ce0f0124d8354a289d84c0921905ea79.jpg)

3) http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/l_0edac0fa23df413dbf52478d3a824ffd.jpg

Cari, these are absolutely beautiful. The one of Nygard in particular:OMG::worship: but really all 4 were excellent. The band should definitely use these pics! Great job!:headbang:

The Netta and Olli pics are beautiful as well!

@ Cari: nice shots indeed! Wild guess: you took them at Ankkarock?

@ Mathias: I know of some pictures (remember?) that I doubt will be suitable for this unless you want to do some sort of History-of-Turisas-styled gallery too (that might not be a bad idea actually).

Anyways, nice idea! It's good to see something new every now and then.

Cari, these are absolutely beautiful. The one of Nygard in particular:OMG::worship: but really all 4 were excellent. The band should definitely use these pics! Great job!:headbang:

The Netta and Olli pics are beautiful as well!

@Andreas
yeah, all from Ankkarock...

oh yeah, we should maybe post those lovely old pics on here too, just for the sense of keeping the past alive, or? ;) (no, I definetely won´t.)

I was acutally being serious. A "Turisas throughout the years"-styled gallery as a little "bonus" would be nice. imho at least =P

same here...would be cool somehow, seeing the process of the band´s style...

And the random accordionist from the Lordi support tour who only wore a pair of Union Jack pants...