Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nemtheanga

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
How many pairs of various footwear do you own? These vunts who stand in line at 3am to get the latest pair of Jordan's are bat shit insane. I got one pair of all purpose "sneakers" that I purchased 3 years ago. Wtf do I need 18 different pairs of shoes? Socks and undies ye can never have enough of, shoes on the other hand, pfft.

Total shoes = 5
--------------------------------

1- Work boots (Bates Ultra Lites)
1- New Balance 993 Running Shoes
1- Sandals (fancy shmancy brand which I forgot the name of)
1- Dress Shoe (Kenneth Cole)
1- Fashionable Stylish to go with dress shirts and be "semi-casual"

Discuss

122811-news-michael-jordan-air-jordans-riot-crowds-1.jpg

:Spam:

Total shoes = 5
--------------------------------

1- Casual Street Everyday Shoes (Timberland, good stuff, I need new ones though)
1- All-purpose Sports Shoes (Nike whatever, bought on sale for €35)
1- Lite Hiking Shoes (Salomon)
1- Heavy Hiking Shoes (Merrell, best brand)
1- Business/Wedding Shoes (Mephisto, practically wear those once a year at most)

Slippers don't count I assume?

1 - Utterly beat to shit grass-cutting shoes (Brooks running shoes)
1 - utterly beat to shit work shoes (Asics Rush33 runners)
1 - beat to shit Birkenstock sandals
1 - some kind of Keen wherever shoes (light hiking or whatever)
1 - Banana Republic dress/clinical shoes
1 - Frye cowboy boots
1 - brand new Birkenstock clogs
1 - Montrail trail running shoes (best shoe I've ever owned)

I usually only have one pair of sneakers that I make last for about 4 years or so, 1 pair of boots for the winter, and 1 pair of birkenstocks for the summer. And two pairs of dress shoes (one brown, one black). I don't count my work shoes/boots or old, beat up yardwork sneakers.

Three pairs of New Balance, a few years old each. I buy a pair of these about once a year since I wear them 99% of the time.
Three pairs of Birkenstocks, several years old each. One for the garage and back yard instead of sandals.
Two pairs of dress shoes, a few years old. I wear these one day per year, maybe.
One pair of hiking boots that have 40,000 miles left of wear because they only have 1,000 miles on them so far.
One pair of Doc Martens that are over a decade old and still plenty strong. I will never need to buy another pair.

Old New Balance shoes (2, 3, 4?) that I use for trail riding or cutting the grass.
old pair of Magnum boots, hardly ever wear.
Pair of New Balance that are needing to be replaced. Im on my feet 8 hours a day and need decent stuff.
Pair of Red Wing 607 boots that kick total ass.
Dress shoes.

I'm about to sound like such a woman. Six pairs of boots (Dr. Marten's knee-high, Dr. Marten's 8-eye, Timberland riding boots, Frye harness, Bearpaw fuzzy viking boots, Target version of Uggs), three pairs of athletic shoes (Brooks, Reebok, and Reebok), four pairs of hiking sandals (Keen, Keen, Teva, and Teva), three pairs of dressy sandals (cheap Target crap), one pair of Chuck Taylors, and one pair of old man Clarks. Numerous pairs of flip flops stashed here, there, and everywhere. I like having my options, and I take very good care of my shoes, especially my boots. Legs need boots. :oops:

targetjeans_zpsb0e70e08.jpg

My husband has just about as many shoes, mainly because I've bought them for him.:loco:

Five pairs i think

Got my adidas whatever forest hiking boots
Black army boots
$7 converse all star copies that i should throw the fuck away
Vibram fivefingers
Black shiny cheap ass dress shoes

All of them clearly fulfill different purposes so i think im ok

7054973653964_sportamore_001_jpg_439x356_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

Viking Hunter High GTX, best hunting/hiking/outdoor boot I've tried, and I've tried on a lot.

viking_icefighter.jpg

Viking Icefighter, warm PU winter boots

image_29004.jpg

Puma faas 300, wear these at the gym

puma_faas_600s_man-23929177-frntl1.jpg

Puma faas 600, wear these at work

Vantage3-40010-277.jpg

Viking Vantage GTX, getting a bit too worn. Good everyday walking shoe with gore-tex, should upgrade to Anaconda Boa III GTX though.

toffel31.jpg

(Black) IKEA $3 slippers