loose connection in at4040 >:(

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
Recently purchased an at4040 used for £150
bring it home to try out the goods, the XLR pins are loose and sometimes poke out of the bottom of mic, it doesnt cutoff the mic from the interface but it's getting me a bit paranoid that it might break :\
any thoughts/suggestions?

I messaged the guy basically like 'eyy man not cool braw!' in a nicer way , but in the meantime I just want someone to shed some light on this issue.

You have pics of the problem? That might help... Maybe your local music store can fix it when it's just a missing screw (or maybe you can fix in yourself ;))

well ive been at it for a while, the guy saud he'll send it in to a technician for free so that's pretty good of him.

Basically the screw fell into the plate that holds the xlr pins in place and now the screw is pretty much de-threaded entirely so I cant get it out of the plate to screw it back in properly so the technicia is ordering a new set of screws and plate from audio technica for free. :D and :(

Maybe it's a grub screw that sits in the xlr connection and needs to be screwed out into the chassis like on a 57/58.

I've not got my 4040 kicking about the now otherwise I'd have a look for you. I'll check tomorrow if you've not got it sorted by then man.