Lord Worm

AngelOfDeath

I like to dissect women
Oct 13, 2001
CentreHELL, VA
A bit OT but posting this in a vehemence forum would make sence since then im talking to members with good taste in Death Metal.

Lets get right to it, Im really still sad over the departure of Lord Worm from Cryptopsy and really want to know where the fu*k he is. If you have been living under a Rock for the past 10 years, Lord Worm was one of the best DM vocalists ever to walk on this dreadful earth. He was the vocalist on Blasphemy Made Flesh and None so Vile, both still in my cd rotation every few days. I really just dont under stand how he could just (quit?) or never show his face in the DM scene! The rumor is he is an english teacher, yes sounds fu*ked up I know. Anyone spot him elsewhere?

And if you havent heard old Cryptopsy I advise you to download:

- Slit your guts
- Phobophile
- Defenestration
- Swine of the Cross

To really understand his unique vocal style and lyrical content.

AoD

After a three-month Canadian tour in the summer of '95, Sweden's Wrong Again Records quickly signed the band, and in early '96 released their 8-song, aptly titled second album, None So Vile. Produced by the band and Obliveon guitarist Pierre Remillard, None So Vile upped the ante for CRYPTOPSY and further established them as one of the most relentless and brutal bands on the planet. After another successful short tour of Canada, the band lost original vocalist Lord Worm to a stable job with a beer company, but not before Worm's hand-picked replacement Mike DiSalvo (ex-Infestation) could step in and expand the vocal extremities of the band.

I guess lord worm likes the beer ahah Amen :headbang:

AoD

Wyrm was ok.... I wanna know what the fuck happened to Sylvian Houde. Now that was one funny motherfucker. I heard a rumor he was doing vocals for some Christian band though... Maybe bullshit, maybe not. Anyway, that didn't have anything to do with Wyrm other than the "where are they now?" question.

Originally posted by BasilisK 3 7 77
Wyrm was ok.... I wanna know what the fuck happened to Sylvian Houde. Now that was one funny motherfucker. I heard a rumor he was doing vocals for some Christian band though... Maybe bullshit, maybe not. Anyway, that didn't have anything to do with Wyrm other than the "where are they now?" question.

LOL, yeah and why do you spell it wyrm? :confused: Yeah but anyways i dont know who sylvian houde is so i have no idea what you are talking about

AoD

Thanks for explaining about Lord Worm, alot of people must know about his work in Cryptopsy. I have bootlegs where in his 1995 tours he wouldbe brought on stage inside a coffin. He would get out and hold a jesus era cup full of worms and start eating them, even making an upside down cross with them on his chest. His vocal styling was spastic.

As for Slyvain Hode, he was from the 1996 and below era of vocals for Canada's Kataklysm. His work shines in Temple of Knowledge. He was a very crazy sounding man, seemed to sing out of his subconscience. As rumored he was a relgious man and dindt want to be a part of the scene anymore. Good singer though, Marizo does a good job though since he put down the bass for vocals. Their success is well deserved, they are just trucking along.

[RIP Rob!, he was a ICQ buddy of mine that I never met!]

Lord Worm was good, but sometimes his stuff would get annoying. Like try reading along to the lyrix...does it really sound like he's saying those words? :D
I have a video tape of Cryptopsy in their jam pad, doing a bunch of songs with Lord Worm on vox, it's pretty badass.
I really liked Mike on Whisper Supremacy, but then we went ...BPLah later down the road.
Cant wait to hear them w/ the new guy though.

Kataklysm is SOOOOOO good.
How do they do it, how is every cd better than their last one.

Sylvian was pretty damn nuts on cd, he'd be screamin' right through solos & shit, funny Homeless lookin' dude.

Maurizio is really good at his shit, his screams sound pretty thin sometimes, but they always Dominate live.

Cant wait to see 'em at the Jar w/ Fetus & Hate Eternal.

I thought it was spelled "Wyrm" in the CD booklet or something... Hell I dunno, I haven't looked through the booklet in years, and I'm too fuckin lazy to get up and go check.

If you haven't heard Houde's shit, you have to check it out. Whenever people talk about "the craziest vocalist ever" Lord Worm is usually the first guy on most people's mind, but I think Sylvian makes Worm look like a poster child for mental well-being. That guy was way fucked up. See if you can find the track "Beckoning of the Xul" from the Temple of Knowledge CD, that one pretty much sums him up. Fucking BERSERK.

Is that the one with Houde marching around through the tunnel with a torch while barking at the camera? I have that on a tape somewhere... Funny shit :lol: I totally love the newer-style Kataklysm, but I still think the pre-Sorcery stuff is the best... Not just because of Sylvian, but I just get into that sound a little more. Plus, that's when I originally got into Kataklysm, so that's usually what people tend to like the best.

Originally posted by VEHEMENCE
Thanks for explaining about Lord Worm, alot of people must know about his work in Cryptopsy. I have bootlegs where in his 1995 tours he wouldbe brought on stage inside a coffin. He would get out and hold a jesus era cup full of worms and start eating them, even making an upside down cross with them on his chest. His vocal styling was spastic.

DAMN!!! Fucken badass .... i wish i could see them live when lord worm was still there :(

As for Slyvain Hode, he was from the 1996 and below era of vocals for Canada's Kataklysm. His work shines in Temple of Knowledge. He was a very crazy sounding man, seemed to sing out of his subconscience. As rumored he was a relgious man and dindt want to be a part of the scene anymore. Good singer though, Marizo does a good job though since he put down the bass for vocals. Their success is well deserved, they are just trucking along.

[RIP Rob!, he was a ICQ buddy of mine that I never met!] [/B]

Ah i see, yeah kataklysm rules, didnt know names, thanx, and btw who are you exactly? Are you Bjorn or John, who!!! :D

AoD