Lordi for Bloodstock 2004

David St.Hubbins

Heavy Metal Neanderthal
I think Lordi would be a great band for next year's Bloodstock.

They have never played in this country and have only played outside their native Finland a couple of times. In Finland they are HUGE. They won "Best Rock Act" at last year's Finnish Music Awards and had a number one last summer with their debut single.

Metalreviews.com gave them 97/100 for their album and called them "The next big thing" They also gave the album an "Album of the year" nomination.
Check out the review here

To hear samples of their stuff, check out the music section of Lordi.org

The band sound like a mixture of Alice Cooper and Kiss...but heavier. They also have hints of Ozzy, Twisted Sister and WASP in their music.

Don't think because of the outlandish costumes that this is some "gimmick" band, the music that these guys are making is nothing short of amazing.

Their stage show is meant to be very cool indeed.

Catharsis said:
I've heard quite a bit of their material, although don't own any albums. I think they'd go down pretty well at BS!

They've only release one album so far, but the second is due for release in Spring 2004. They've supported Nightwish before, so I was sorta hoping they would have been on this year's bill.

They'd go down a storm at next year's festival.

I posted a topic about this earlier in the year to try and get them playing at 03. I'm glad they didn't now because I wasn't able to attend :( I'd love to see them next year at the festival though, apparently they put on a great theatrical show and their songs are great. Should have another album out by then too.