Lost control

Thortyir

Watch out for BLÖTT!
Jun 15, 2002
Brussels / Belgium
www.myspace.com
I'm currently listening to A4... and the lyrics fits perfectly what I'm feeling at the moment:

"Yes I am falling
How much longer til' I hit the ground
I can't tell you why I'm breaking down
Do you wonder why
I prefer to be alone
Have I really lost control?"

Oh God, this album is a masterpiece... I used to listen to it some years ago when I was kicked out by the girl who was my girlfriend for nearly 3 years... It reminds me of so many things... Come on, I stop talking shit & doom here, everybody has his own problems...

Doomsday... :(:(:(

Thortyir said:
I'm currently listening to A4... and the lyrics fits perfectly what I'm feeling at the moment:

"Yes I am falling
How much longer til' I hit the ground
I can't tell you why I'm breaking down
Do you wonder why
I prefer to be alone
Have I really lost control?"

Oh God, this album is a masterpiece... I used to listen to it some years ago when I was kicked out by the girl who was my girlfriend for nearly 3 years... It reminds me of so many things... Come on, I stop talking shit & doom here, everybody has his own problems...

Doomsday... :(:(:(

Thats one of my favourites :Spin: infact i,m gonna play it now, thanks for remindin me thortyir :)

hey funny you mention this album. yesterday i was browsing my cds to check some drums sounds and i picked up that one and i ended up playing it all for the first time in ages.

Same for me, it's normally a too "sad" album for me, even if it's part of me top 10... I can compare it to Paradise lost's "host"... I use to listen to both albums when I'm quite depressed... I listened to A4 today, and it seemed too short... :(

its just that ive been hearing too much haha. its like watching the same movie for the 1.000.000th time.

Same for me, it's a lot better when you listen to it after a while and rediscover it... winner! :cool: But I can say that A4 is a album which never totally bored me after so many listenings... It's just a matter of mood... ;)

I wasn't talking about A4 in a typical way Emre... It's just that the "lost control" lyrics were too evident to keep it silent... Read the "Dear susie column" thread, page 8 to fully understand what I meant by posting this... ;)

I'm mr. opposite here. I've listened to A4 a lot lately. For me it has always been sort of the overlooked Anathema album, meaning I've only listened to it full length a good 100 times I guess :erk: . Always picked out "Lost control", "Inner Silence", "Regret" and "Destiny". Been enjoying it much full length lately though.

Orgasm does exist in english... ;) And I know what you mean... the surprise to be emotionally impressed once again, even by a song you heard 1000 times before... I got it with "Love you to death" from TYPE O NEGATIVE too... :cool:

Thortyir said:
I wasn't talking about A4 in a typical way Emre... It's just that the "lost control" lyrics were too evident to keep it silent... Read the "Dear susie column" thread, page 8 to fully understand what I meant by posting this... ;)

baah thortyir you know i was just fucking around. hey tell me mate:

TELL ME ABOUT THE INCREDIBLE VIOLIN SOLO AT THE END OF THE SONG
TELL ME ABOUT IT!

A4 is my favorite album along with TSE and Etirnity. and the lyrics of Lost Control goes really deeply into me too, I mean... they're like perfectly preformed and so, they're like...... ...GODLY!

PY said:
about this violin part in Lost Control, I wonder if it's Duncan or the violinist who composed it...
I played the main parts to him on the guitar and said "just do this bit twice, then do what you want around them notes" and I think he did it first take. So its a bit of both like. I originally played that bit on bass for some reason..