LOU GRAMM On Current FOREIGNER Lineup: 'It's The Continued Legacy Of The Band'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
During a November 6 appearance on KTLA, former FOREIGNER singer Lou Gramm spoke about his participation in the band's "Double Vision: Then And Now" concerts, which kicked off this past Friday (November 9) at Los Angeles's Microsoft Theater. The shows — which are also being held in Rancho Mirage, California; Atlantic City, New Jersey; and Uncasville, Connecticut — feature current and original members of FOREIGNER, including guitarist Mick Jones, drummer Dennis Elliott, keyboardist Al Greenwood, bassist Rick Wills and guitarist/saxophonist Ian McDonald. Speaking about what it's been like to perform with FOREIGNER's current incarnation, Gramm said: "That is today's FOREIGNER, and they're a great bunch of guys, great musicians. So it's been a ton of fun having the original band do some songs, the current FOREIGNER do some songs, and then we do some things together. It's unbelievable." Asked how he feels about the fact that FOREIGNER's present-day lineup is carrying on without his involvement, Gramm said: "I could be critical of it if I wanted to be. But I take it in the spirit that it's meant to be, and it's the continued legacy of the band. And for them to be doing that — and they're touring like crazy — and the original band to come up and do half a dozen numbers to show the audience where it all came from, it's a very unique idea and it goes down like a storm." FOREIGNER's first-ever ticketed reunion concert featuring all original members took place in August at The Sturgis Buffalo Chip in Sturgis, South Dakota. Gramm and Jones's June 2013 performance of "I Want To Know What Love Is" and "Juke Box Hero" at the Songwriters Hall Of Fame in New York City marked the first time the pair performed together in a decade after Gramm left FOREIGNER for a second time. Hansen has fronted the group since 2005. Jones is the sole remaining founding member in FOREIGNER's current lineup.

Continue reading...