Loudness

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I was at the new record store here in town, yesterday & picked up
a couple of Loudness discs. The prices was right $5.00 each.
I wasn't very familiar with the Mike V. era, I can't say that I was blown away by the band, at least this version. Musically they have it goin' on, the lyrics are very weak & I can't say the vocals moved me...
I will listen to Soldier of Fortune & On the Prowl again...

'Disillusion' is their finest hour. I've got the Jap cd version on Denon and the English language vinyl on Music for Nations. I listened to it every day for a year in the mid-eighties. The first 3 albums are interesting too!

I am a big fan of their first Japanese records; "Devil's Soldier" and "The birthday Eve". Also their later 80's records are very good. As for other Japanese bands I like Vow Wow alot (earlier they were called Bow Wow). The Vow Wow record "Beat of Metal Motion" is a very good melodic Heavy Metal record, also high on my list of favorit records from the 80's, reminds a bit of Alcatrazz as for style of music...
Here's an MP3 of "Beat of Metal Motion"... (I'll leavy that online a week or so ...)

Vow Wow - Beat of Metal Motion

Six - The Loudness albums with the American singer are their weekest releases (I think anyways). Try anything from the early to mid 80's... great stuff.

Other cool 80's Jap metal bands worth checking out are...
Action
Vow Wow / Bow Wow
X-Ray
Earthshaker
Rajas
44 Magnum
x-Japan (90's band)