Louisville Kentucky show

marin1133

Oct 20, 2004
illinois
Hey, any one on here goin to this one? Its on Feb 20th, Monday.

I dont have my ticket yet, would it be wise to get it beforehand? or will it probably not sell out. I know nothing about the venue.

I'm going to the Louisville show at Headliners. I've seen one show there before. It's a pretty good venue.

I'm hoping to get my ticket tomorrow. I also doubt that it will sell out, but better safe than sorry. Are you from the Louisville area?

Gordon Freeman said:
I'm going to the Louisville show at Headliners. I've seen one show there before. It's a pretty good venue.

I'm hoping to get my ticket tomorrow. I also doubt that it will sell out, but better safe than sorry. Are you from the Louisville area?
Im from southern illinois. Carbondale. Its about a 4-5 hour drive

i live in louisville and have already bought my tickets. i am pretty sure it will sell out since headliner's is way smaller than bogart's in cincinnati and when i saw them in cincinnati two years ago there were hundres of people there. headliner's is way too small to handle an opeth concert. i do not recommend showing up from far away looking to buy tickets at the door..but i really hope there is a ticket still available if you do! 'cause missing opeth would suck!

philip

I'll be at the Louisville show tonight, wearing a Frost Like Ashes shirt and a Megadeth beanie. It's my first time seeing Opeth and I'm very excited!

Just got back from this show. Freakin' AMAZING!!! It was my first time seeing them, and I loved every second. I never wanted the show to end.

okay.... I think this is the right order...

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
Baying of the Hounds
Cluster
Under The Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
(...quiz on Venom...)
Deliverance

Nothing different from the other setlists posted.

For those who were there, how was the Devin Townsend Band?? We got there at the end of the set, forgot theres a time zone change between IL and KY. damn.

But it was an awesome show, good setlist. except, Closure is probably one of my least favorite opeth songs :yuk: . got some pics during that song though. The sound was kind of off for the first two songs, I think. I was right in the front row middle, slightly to the right. I wish more people were into it, at least where I was standing.

marin1133 said:
The sound was kind of off for the first two songs, I think. I was right in the front row middle, slightly to the right. I wish more people were into it, at least where I was standing.

Man, I was up there for the Towson, MD show and people were going absolutely insane. So much so that several fights almost broke out between a bunch of different people jockeying for position, and also a few morons who simply would not accept that they couldn't get up front and were pissing everyone off trying to shove people out of the way. One of the idiot's responses was "welcome to a metal show".

I almost got in a fight during Opeth, too! Some drunk goth chick (I'm a girl too so it's ok if I fight her!) was standing next to me (3rd row on the right) and kept making out with her boyfriend, but after they would make out...she would shove him in the crowd!! If I would accidentally brush her from people pushing me, she would give me a dirty look. Then finally during the second to last song she says, "Let's go, I don't like this!". :yell: I almost pulled out her stupid pig tails!!

marin1133 said:
hah, damn... what do you look like? lol. or what were you wearing??
I was the taller guy wearing a black pullover. I probably didn't stand out all that much, lol. There were two shorter chicks in front of me though and the guy that got a drum stick after Dark Tranquility's set was right in front of me also.

marin1133 said:
okay.... I think this is the right order...

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
Baying of the Hounds
Cluster
Under The Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
(...quiz on Venom...)
Deliverance

Nothing different from the other setlists posted.

So they're back to the drapery falls instead of the leper affinity? :( I hope they do TLA on the night I see them.

Gordon Freeman said:
I was the taller guy wearing a black pullover. I probably didn't stand out all that much, lol. There were two shorter chicks in front of me though and the guy that got a drum stick after Dark Tranquility's set was right in front of me also.
hmm. There were two girls behind me. and Im a girl.. but I was on the barrier. one girl behind me was older, i think, and had long died black hair. and the other girl had shortish brown hair.. I have medium length brown hair that was down... and i was wearing a black long sleeved shirt. probably didnt stand out too much either. haha... but hm... There were a few really tall guys around me. *shrug*

The Devin Townshend band was ALOT better than I expected, especially considering how much I hate SYL and how I think he ruins every Ayreon he's in. I actually really enjoyed their set. And Devin wasn't a total retard when talking to the crowd like he is with SYL.

Dark Tranquility was pretty fucking badass too, even though the only song I really liked the whole show was Punish My Heaven, they put enough energy into the newer songs to make it a good show. Only bad part was that me and my friends had like THE DT fan behind us and he kept climbing over our shoulders to try and rape Mr. Stanne or something, it was kinda cool when they were screaming at each other face to face though. Wish I knew some of the words since mike was leaning right over my head.

And then Opeth, FUCKING YES, I started in the very front with my buds but during Ghost of Perdition some guy got in a fight with the security and I had to move to let the security in the crowd and then I ended up further from the stage like, not on the barrier anymore, still really close, and I even had a better view of mendez and peter from here. But I ended up with like 3 people between me and my buds, and they were in the very front, selfish bastards. But yeah, the sound was kinda wonky the first 2 songs with peters amp I think being set a bit off, you'd hear like random screechy feedback every so often. But after that it seemed his guitar was too quiet for the rest of the set.

Anyway, I was the guy in the dark green fleece jacket thing with longish poofy hair. The one that got 2 Vemon questions wrong(Countess Bathory is a song OFF Black Metal, so I was KINDA right.) and kept asking for Funeral Portrait. I probably had a red nose too since I'm fucking sick. I was very front and center for DTB and DT, and a little to the right and a row back for most of Opeth.

marin1133 said:
hmm. There were two girls behind me. and Im a girl.. but I was on the barrier. one girl behind me was older, i think, and had long died black hair. and the other girl had shortish brown hair.. I have medium length brown hair that was down... and i was wearing a black long sleeved shirt. probably didnt stand out too much either. haha... but hm... There were a few really tall guys around me. *shrug*
I think those were the girls that were in front of me. I know there was an older one with long black hair and another that showed up later with shorter hair.

Superior said:
But yeah, the sound was kinda wonky the first 2 songs with peters amp I think being set a bit off, you'd hear like random screechy feedback every so often. But after that it seemed his guitar was too quiet for the rest of the set.
I know what you mean. I could barely hear Peter's lead playing the entire night. I think the sound could have been a lot better at the show.