low mids problem?

sash poask

Mar 24, 2008
okay guys, so im quite new to recording, learning as i go along

so as practice i offered to my housemate to record a song of his which i will mix blaa blaa

anyway i recorded the guitars through pod, at the moment im just working with scratch tracks as im also programing drums, so heres my problem, in some parts of the song i get this sort of pump afer a palm mute, and im not sure how i can get rid of this... i think its somewhere in the 100-130 region, is this what you guys mean when you are talking bout taming the low mids?

here like a 3 second example at the beginning of his breakdown:
https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/899929/low mids?.mp3

i would be very greateful if you can help me to figure out how to deal with this

so its the bass thats causing it? cool, it was going to get re-recorded anyway, as it was just scrath tracks

ill know to take the bass down a bit then

thanks man

funnily enough my housemate just got back so will give it a go later today, thanks for the advice man

oh yeh everyone always talks about taming the low mids with a ,multicomp, what frequencies are those? i dont have a c4, but have a logic 8's stock one

Andy Sneap C4 settings FTW!
I usually use the C4 when this problem appears and works like a charm. Any other multiband compressor should do the trick.
With the C4, I compress the frequencies from 75hz to 170hz, more or less.