LOW TUNED TECHNICAL HEAVYNESS

Reminds me of newer Ion Dissonance. I like. I still don't understand how to get my snares to have this kind of ridiculous mids-forward THWAP though - is it just a ton of layering and clipping, or is it a particular SSD sample tuned lower or something?

sounds massive! post more info about kick sample and guitar chain

Guitar chain :

Maxon od9 -> 5150 -> mesa os

Post pro :

SSL EQ on the tracks and NLS on the gtr buss followed with a C4 and a touch of LA3A

Kick :

One shots blended (my own kick, a cj wall kick, a colin kick and a wallace kick) then ssl-e channel and decapitator and vmr

Question is still opened for Wallace kick ;)

How do you get that open subs for kick and yet having nice meaty bass with nice reltionship to guitars?

Question is still opened for Wallace kick ;)

How do you get that open subs for kick and yet having nice meaty bass with nice reltionship to guitars?

Its a really hard question, i dont do anything weird. It's just how i eq them against each other or how the actual sounds work with each other. On their own they are not the best tones of the world, but they work and react together very well. I will post up drum/bass/gtr stems if you'd like to hear.

It would be grate to hear stems.
I asked because I more often come over that style mix and mainly those are made by Brian Hood, Joey Sturgis, Seraph Recordings (probably Peter Paul from forum).
I tried to get same effect and had to push hi-pass on bass a tad higher to free subs on kick.

I like the guitar and toms/snare. Very nicely done. But the overheads seem really far back in the mix.

If anything, I would enjoy some DI's/MIDI's for this beauty. Your mix is really brutal, so I would like to see how good I could get it if I tried it myself!