Luminous Drums - a next-level sample library

Luminous Drums

New Metal Member
Aug 25, 2022
Selling people on a new drum sample library is tough, but I think I've created something unique that people will want to try out.

This is a 70 GB (uncompressed size) library with 3 sets of toms, 4 kicks, 6 snares, 5 hats, 4 rides, 4 crashes, 2 chinas, and 3 splashes. Recorded in a large room with 20 foot ceilings and a short reverb time. All files are FLAC, ReaSamplOmatic5000 format, 4 channels, 88.2 kHz/24 bit. Also includes 44.1/16 version.

Luminous Drums requires Reaper, but it can be used in other DAW's via ReWire. A VST/AAX version using TX16Wx is coming in September.

Instead of using round robin, I recorded a huge number of velocity layers, 1 for each MIDI velocity from 64-127. Compared to other drum sample libraries, the layers are smoother and more consistent, and the tuning and playing are considerably better. I studied the playing of great rock drummers and strove to emulate their strong, consistent playing, especially on the snare drum and the rim shots. More details on the product page.

For double kick, 3 of the kick drums have both R and L hits. Since I don't have matched pairs of kick drums, I recorded the same drum twice with a slightly different sound.

I created this library for an epic album project by my studio partner, after trying out various commercial libraries and finding them unsuitable for our purposes. In my opinion, the sounds are better than anything else out there.

Below are links to the product page, the YouTube channel with demos and tutorials, and the contact email. The full version is $50, and the fully functional demo version is $1. There's a bit of a learning curve, but it should be easy for Reaper users.

If you have a YouTube channel and you'd like to test and review the product, email me and I'll send you a discount code.

https://luminousdrums.gumroad.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMUMtUrPF8blYVrAie7YTOw

luminousdrums@gmail.com