Lyric discussion

Mar 20, 2005
USA
What do you all think the songs are about? Has Tom ever went into any detail?
I found this from Tom on Inside Out's website:
The cool thing about the cover, is that it doesn’t reflect the lyrics or music at all,” relates Englund. “It’s more like us jailed, reflecting back on what would have happened if we carried out our vengeance on the people that the songs are about. We wanted to do something different than what we’ve done before. For the music we are doing, our first priority is to make ourselves happy and this cover has stood out from anything we’ve done before.”
What I think is that certain songs are about people like killers/murderers and they are sung from the killers point of view and other songs are about killers sung from the point of view of a loved one of the dead person.

I read in an interview where Tom said that the album is mostly about being bullied - like as a kid going to school or in other situations. I think Obedience is about children whose mother has died and whose father is abusive.

ConnieOH said:
I read in an interview where Tom said that the album is mostly about being bullied - like as a kid going to school or in other situations. I think Obedience is about children whose mother has died and whose father is abusive.
i read that 2

It seems like all the songs are about personal tragedies of some sort, mostly about regret. I'll probably post more later

I found this little bit about the lyrics on MMA in an interview:

I invite Henrik to explain what links the three tracks - 'Monday Morning Apocalypse', 'Obedience' and 'Still In The Water'.

'It's about a man who got really bullied at school. That really affected him later in life. He gets very disturbed and decides to kidnap the children of the people who bullied him, to get back at them. He does some really disturbed things to them.'

The entire interview can be found at http://www.dprp.net/specials/2006_evergrey/.