Lyrics of "Unseen"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I have the digipack version of the album and doesn't have the lyrics, does anyone else version lack the lyrics too?

Also I missed in the last two albums Steve's liner notes, I have found them always very cool, especially the song-by-song explanation. I hope the new album will have them again :D

The lyrics for "Unseen" seem to be, well, "Unseen". I've looked (not lately) on the web for the lyrics and didn't come up w/ anything.

I LUV the liner notes and explanations. It gives some insight as to where the writer was, in mind only. BRING THEM BACK SP.....Hey, what a cool title for the next CD....BRINGING THEM BACK which would be the lyrics, liner notes and SP themselves. CD Cover, would be similar to "Into the Void", yet softer/blended spirals and your "working into a symbol" female hands stretched out in front of her offering a look into the past as she's falling into the beyond.

Don't worry Steve, I'll let you use that.

Funny, I was just thinking about this a couple days ago... Don't know how many of you read any of the press I did for "Unseen" (I didn't do much; Vince did almost all of it while I was hiking the AT, etc.), but the reason lyrics were left off was to recreate the feel of the seventies albums I used to buy. They never came with lyrics or special thanks lists. I would just play the lines in the song over and over until I thought I 'had it'. Then I would often compare it to what other friends and musicians thought the words were and we would often change our minds. It was a lot of fun and sadly hardly anyone 'got it'. I'm thinking of sitting there and doing it again; listening over and over so I can transcribe the lyrics to that album. Unfortunately it seems there has not been one fan out there ambitious enough to do what we thought hundreds would engage in.

stevekachinsky said:
Funny, I was just thinking about this a couple days ago... Don't know how many of you read any of the press I did for "Unseen" (I didn't do much; Vince did almost all of it while I was hiking the AT, etc.), but the reason lyrics were left off was to recreate the feel of the seventies albums I used to buy. They never came with lyrics or special thanks lists. I would just play the lines in the song over and over until I thought I 'had it'. Then I would often compare it to what other friends and musicians thought the words were and we would often change our minds. It was a lot of fun and sadly hardly anyone 'got it'. I'm thinking of sitting there and doing it again; listening over and over so I can transcribe the lyrics to that album. Unfortunately it seems there has not been one fan out there ambitious enough to do what we thought hundreds would engage in.

Well, I've always been told that I don't have a life, so I guess I can sit down and do it. :p

stevekachinsky said:
yeh, life is def the easy route for people these days...............emails, microwaves, drive throughs, atm's, debit cards, online shopping. heck, you never have to leave your own home, but still have a valid life!!!! Dang! now we have remote controls on everything, passwords up the wahoo, and lyrics enclosed on cd covers!!! Ah, the good ol days of popcorn made on the stove, or a popcorn maker, and sitting around trying for the love of all that is holy, to figure out what the heck was being said on an album. just keep on moving that needle back, and thinking, did they say HOT ROCKING or HOT F*CKING?? (JP) Too funny. Cool input though, I know what you are saying. I do like reading the lyrics and sidenotes on the cd's though............makes it more personal. :headbang:

prophetgoddess said:
Well, I've always been told that I don't have a life, so I guess I can sit down and do it. :p
I can help ya!!!!! I 'm sure we could come up with some whoppers! :D

Wyvern said:
I have the digipack version of the album and doesn't have the lyrics, does anyone else version lack the lyrics too?

Also I missed in the last two albums Steve's liner notes, I have found them always very cool, especially the song-by-song explanation. I hope the new album will have them again :D

Maybe we should start a petition for him not to be lazy and give us what we want! I agree... reading the liner notes and song explanations was very cool! I enjoyed it a lot... as far as the Unseen lyrics... they are not in any version... Steve wanted the album to have the whole vibe of the "old days" when albums did not have lyrics and you would sit in your room for hours listening to the same song over and over again to make sense of the lyrics etc o_O

prophetgoddess said:
The lyrics for "Unseen" seem to be, well, "Unseen". I've looked (not lately) on the web for the lyrics and didn't come up w/ anything.

I LUV the liner notes and explanations. It gives some insight as to where the writer was, in mind only. BRING THEM BACK SP.....Hey, what a cool title for the next CD....BRINGING THEM BACK which would be the lyrics, liner notes and SP themselves. CD Cover, would be similar to "Into the Void", yet softer/blended spirals and your "working into a symbol" female hands stretched out in front of her offering a look into the past as she's falling into the beyond.

Don't worry Steve, I'll let you use that.

Wow! That sounds terrific... I can so visualize that right now!

stevekachinsky said:

Oops... here I was replying for you and I just saw your post! (D'oh!)
Nice to see you getting back in here... about time!

Pabla said:
Wow! That sounds terrific... I can so visualize that right now!

If I only knew how to use any of the photoshop SW, I would make one up and send it, but I guess I'll be busy working on the lyrics to Unseen to be learning a SW program.

SugarNspice said:
yeh, life is def the easy route for people these days...............emails, microwaves, drive throughs, atm's, debit cards, online shopping. heck, you never have to leave your own home, but still have a valid life!!!! Dang! now we have remote controls on everything, passwords up the wahoo, and lyrics enclosed on cd covers!!! Ah, the good ol days of popcorn made on the stove, or a popcorn maker, and sitting around trying for the love of all that is holy, to figure out what the heck was being said on an album. just keep on moving that needle back, and thinking, did they say HOT ROCKING or HOT F*CKING?? (JP) Too funny.
There is even a whole website dedicated to those misunderstood lyrics : http://www.geocities.com/metalmondegreens/index.html

They don't have "Hot F*cking" on the list though :loco:

Maybe Prophetgoddess will find some more in Unseen :D

Fangface said:
There is even a whole website dedicated to those misunderstood lyrics : http://www.geocities.com/metalmondegreens/index.html

Oh man, that website is good, I got quite the chuckle. Love the "Chicken in my Head" from Anthrax one....I'm passing this one on to a few buds, they'll get a kick out of it.........

No, Hot F*cking, eh?? Shame. Actually, a friend of mine used to be in a JP cover band(many many moons ago), and he would slip in the words, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, B*TT F*CKING!!!!!!!!!!!, and no one ever knew either!!!!

It's always funny to see what people think the words are though. I'm usually way off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I really understand you, Steve! And the listener might also try to get deeply into the songs when not (completely) understanding the lyrics, which, of course, is more difficult for non-native English speakers. Still, SP is one of the most exceptional bands for me personally and I could never have made songs like "Sleep of Despair", "Souls without Honor", "Goddess Arise", "When Six Was Nine" or "Beware" (to mention songs from several periods) a part of myself, as they now seem to be, without knowing the lyrics.
So, I guess like all the others here, i'd wish that you have a similar attitude regarding the next album, hehe...
A prospos: Can't you tell us anything about that album yet? You're probably very busy - will you offer the chance to download anything new in the near future?

Fangface said:

I should send stuff to that site, you don't have an idea the things I said when I sing and I don't have the lyrics :lol:

Now I'm trying to get the lyrics of 'Unseen' and with the exception of the chorus the rest sound like ancient sanskrit :p