LZZY HALE Says HALESTORM Doesn't Use Tracks Or Rely On 'Miming/Lip Syncing' During Its Live...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HALESTORM's Lzzy Hale says that her band doesn't use any pre-recorded tapes during its live performances. In recent years, more and more bands have been given a pass for using backing tracks, drum triggers and other assorted technology that makes concerts more synthetic but also more consistent. Earlier today, Lzzy took to her Twitter to write: "I'm just going to put this out there for no reason at all.Thank U to everyone who buys a ticket to see a live show of ours. It's truly the highest form of respect you can give any band you enjoy. I'm a Live music girl, and I hope you know how much I love and appreciate all of U. "I should add, those of you who have seen us live before will know what I'm talking about," she continued. "But there's a vast difference between our recorded albums and what we do live. So I invite you to check out a show when you can, especially if you are not particularly struck by our albums. "There's a risk factor that elevates HALESTORM Live vs HALESTORM on record. We don't use tracks, no miming/lip syncing. It's the four of us up there, in front of thousands, trying to create magic, and connect on a deeper level with You. It's a beautiful thing." Lzzy's latest comments echo those she made four years ago when she told ABC Radio: "We pride ourselves as being an extremely meat-and-potatoes type of rock band. We don't use tracks or trickery. The tempos may be faster than you might have heard on the radio." When HALESTORM was forced to cancel a concert in Rochester in October 2017 because Lzzy came down with an upper respiratory infection, she told fans that if HALESTORM "were the type of band that relied on tracks and trickery to play shows, I could've mimed my way through and pretended to sing. But we promised a long time ago that we'd never half-ass or fake a show, 'cause that isn't rock 'n' roll," she said, "and you guys deserve the real deal. Anyone who has seen our live knows that I actually sing! What you hear is always authentic, and firing on all cylinders. That also means I'm human, and getting sick and having to miss a show are the prices I pay for being real." HALESTORM's latest album, "Vicious", was released in July 2018 via Atlantic. The disc was recorded in 2017 at Nashville, Tennessee's Rock Falcon recording studio with producer Nick Raskulinecz. Hale recently told a New Jersey radio station that the band would record a "secret project" before hitting the road last month with GODSMACK.

I'm just going to put this out there for no reason at all.Thank U to everyone who buys a ticket to see a live show of ours. It's truly the highest form of respect you can give any band you enjoy. I'm a Live music girl, and I hope you know how much I love and appreciate all of U.

— Lzzy Hale (@LZZYHALE) October 30, 2019

I should add, those of you who have seen us live before will know what I'm talking about. But there's a vast difference between our recorded albums and what we do live. So I invite you to check out a show when you can, especially if you are not particularly struck by our albums.

There's a risk factor that elevates Halestorm Live vs Halestorm on record. We don't use tracks, no miming/lip syncing. It's the four of us up there, in front of thousands, trying to create magic, and connect on a deeper level with You. It's a beautiful thing.

Continue reading...