MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'The Dirt' Movie Is Now Hiring Film Crew

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to Project Casting, the makers of the film adaptation of MÖTLEY CRÜE's biography, "The Dirt - Confessions Of The World's Most Notorious Rock Band" are now hiring crew in New Orleans, Louisiana, with filming set to start March 5. Producers are looking for production assistants, grips, gaffers, make-up artists, stylists, wardrobe artists, and other crew members to work on the upcoming film. CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx and drummer Tommy Lee have both traveled to new Orleans for the beginning of "The Dirt" filming process, with several Instagram photos showing the pair reunited presumably for the first time since the band completed its final tour more than two years ago. The MÖTLEY CRÜE movie, which is being helmed by "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa" director Jeff Tremaine, will reportedly star Daniel Webber ("The Punisher") as frontman Vince Neil, Douglas Booth as Sixx, Machine Gun Kelly as Lee, and Iwan Rheon ("Game Of Thrones") as guitarist Mick Mars. Playing rock and roll legend Ozzy Osbourne in the film will reportedly be actor-comedian Tony Cavalero. "The Dirt" is being produced by LBI Entertainment's Julie Yorn and Rick Yorn, along with Erik Olsen and Amanda Adelson, who wrote the script. Netflix will distribute the project, which was previously at Focus and before that at Paramount. Neil previously told Las Vegas Magazine that "The Dirt" movie script stays "pretty close to 'The Dirt', so if you've read 'The Dirt', it's really something to look forward to." Asked how it struck him that he would be seeing an actor playing him on screen, Vince said: "That's gonna be strange. It's funny, I saw the table read of the last script. They have these different actors playing each person, and even just the table read of the script was weird when the Vince guy was talking. [Laughs] It wasn't the guy that's gonna play me, but it was just kind of weird hearing somebody say your words. It's a bit of a trip." Sixx and Lee attended a read-through of the script in 2014 with Tremaine and were impressed with what they saw. "Can I tell you it was the most fucking insanely surreal experience I've ever sat through, y'know," Lee told GMI Rock News at the time. "I sat through probably two hours and change of literally watching people act and play through this two-hour-plus movie of your… of 30 years of your life that went by in two hours, and I was just like, 'What the fuck?! That's insane. This movie is insane.' Even just the way the movie starts, you're like, 'How the hell are we gonna rate this thing, triple R?'"

A terror twin reunion @nikkisixxpixx #thedirtmovie

A post shared by TOMMY LEE (@tommylee) on Feb 24, 2018 at 2:26am PST

The Dirt Movie.... It’s going to be insane #thedirtmovie #motleyfkncrue

A post shared by Mötley Crüe (@motleycrue) on Feb 23, 2018 at 6:12pm PST

Continue reading...