Machine Head and Clutch new cds out this Tues.

I'm seriously pumped for the new Machine Head - they're my next fave band after Anthrax. Heard it several times and it absolutely slays - even more than Through the Ashes, and I never would've thought that possible!

heard the new clutch promo
i like the lack of production on the vocals but over all it seems like a regression to me. robot hive/ exodus was amazing. it seems like this time they came up with some semi groovey riffs and used them over and over, there's also less organ. i think that if i'd heard this before blast tyrant and robot hive/ exodus i'd probably like it. I'll give the finished version a spin soon though
-Jono-

I feel so lucky, I've loved Machinehead for so long and they are coming to St. Pete on Sat. and my band is friends with Trivium's drummer's brother so he has hooked us up with all access passes. Don't know what to expect but I guess it will be a whole day hanging out with Lamb of God, Machinehead, and Trivium! I'm so excited:headbang: I love all these bands! Good to know people, Travis' brother is a great guy, can't wait to meet everyone else. I'll post my experience...and Wrestlemania the next day!! It's gonna be a great weekend!

I get to see them on the heaven and hell, megadeth, machine head tour on april 22 in phoenix.

I hope when they do their headlining tour later in year that they play the whole new cd plus a short best of from the rest almost like Iron Maiden did this year.:kickass:

The Blackening gets better and better every listen.

Someone will have to do something seriously amazing to top this for record of 2007!

Machinehead kicked ass at the show, but they played before Trivium and only had limited time. They opened with "Clenching the fists...", a 10 minute epic that is brilliant but that took a lot of time. Next was Imperium, oh my god I went nuts! Nothing off the Burning Red unfortuneately, but again time was a factor. They also played Aesthetics of Hate off the new album, a tribute to Dimebag and Rob had some choice words about the Dimebag tragedy that had the crowd roaring. Great show, a fan for a long time and my first time seeing them, I just want to see a longer set next time. I got to meet the guys in Trivium, they were all so friendly, good to see that in a young band. Didn't get to meet the other bands but had a great time, getting in free justified the $8 beers at the show (yes, $8!) Spent Lamb of God's set in the pit, got some teeth marks embedded in my head (the swelling has since gone down) and my guitar player vows he will never get in a pit again 'cause he got destroyed. Great show, listening to the Blackening now, it's brilliant! I recommend it highly.

that tour along with the support slot for heaven and hell is just setting up for the eventual headlining tour later this year.

I do agree that Testament (WHEN) it eventually comes out, should be up in the list of tops in 2007 and Down will hit up there as well but the only guarantee at this moment is that this cd destroys!:headbang:

Just got Clutch today but haven't listened to it yet. Also got the new one from Isis too.

Machine Head's record is still kicking my arse majorly.

Just saw that MH's record hit #14 on the albums chart here, which is great! Hopefully it'll get promoters to get them back here touring soon!