Machine Head: Awesome concert moment

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
One of the coolest things I have ever seen live....

From Blabbermouth:

A MACHINE HEAD fan — and aspiring guitarist — joined the San Francisco Bay Area metallers on stage at their February 10 concert at Gasometer in Vienna, Austria to perform the song "Aesthetics Of Hate" with the four members of the band. According to a posting on the MACHINE HEAD fan site TakeMyScars.com, a guy in the crowd had a banner that said "Let Me Play 'Aesthetics Of Hate' — Seriously, I Can Play It". MACHINE HEAD guitarist/vocalist Robb Flynn asked bassist Adam Duce whether they should invite the fan up on stage and give him a chance to show off his skills. Flynn then said "Let's do it!" and gave up his axe for the song.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cool. I know Green Day did something similar at every stop on one of their tours.

This is from the Chicago show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Day does it on all of their tours. At the show I was at back in 2003, they went through 4 crowd drummers, and Billie Joe gave the guy playing his guitar.. his guitar. It was cool as fuck.

Some bands do it and don't plug them in (through radio promotions for example).

Very cool and spontaneous though. Playing that song is well, extremely more difficult than playing anything out of Green Day's catalog.