Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Supercharger

• Through The Ashes of Empire

• Total voters

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
I've been on a Machine Head kick as of late. I was real into 'em back when they first came out, there was a small buzz on them, they weren't recognized yet. I just knew about 'em because it was Rob Flynn from Vio-Lence and Forbidden. I met all of the band in '94 in Austin when they opened for Obituary and Napalm Death. I had no money and just went up to the venue and hung out with the guys from Machine Head and Napalm Death all day long, until showtime. Great guys.

Since then, they've had their ups and downs musically. So, where does every body stand with these guys?

Man, im with ya on the first few albums. burn my eyes was and still is a killer release. used to play that nonstop. after the 2nd album, they went and became unlisteneable to these ears. They made a sorta back to roots record with through the ashes, but I still couldnt get into it, as it still has that trendy sounding bits that I despise.

c

Evil C. said:
Man, im with ya on the first few albums. burn my eyes was and still is a killer release. used to play that nonstop. after the 2nd album, they went and became unlisteneable to these ears. They made a sorta back to roots record with through the ashes, but I still couldnt get into it, as it still has that trendy sounding bits that I despise.

c
I'm digging the new album.

Burn My Eyes is awesome, but I grew to love The More Things Change more. The Burning Red SUCKED ASS, Supercharger had some okay shit and some regular stinky shit, and the latest one was quite good. I lost interest pretty quickly on that though. Should dig it out since I paid $27 for the UK import since Roadrunner USA didn't release it. :Smug:

Oh yeah I got into them when they first came around, back when new-metal was actually a real promising genre.

But see, they weren't really nu-metal, they were very much thrash on Burn My Eyes.

And the five song set that they had destroyed both Obituary and Napalm, they most definitely stole the show... I remember this one guy looked at me and yelled, "who in the fuck are these guys?!? They're fucking incredible!"

I didn't say NU-metal, I said NEW-metal. They were one of the modern type metal bands, like I classified groups like Pantera and Biohazard back then. Shit wasn't Slayer or Metallica, that's for sure.

i bought Burn My Eyes for cheap. very good stuff. not sure if it counts as thrash or just heavy metal, but it reminds me of Arise and Chaos AD