MAD SEASON's 'Live At The Moore' To Be Released On Vinyl

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On April 29, 1995, MAD SEASON — led by ALICE IN CHAINS vocalist Layne Staley and PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready — played a historic final performance at The Moore Theatre in Seattle, Washington. Originally released on Columbia on home video, "Live At The Moore" (Legacy Recordings) will be made available on August 28 in a collectible 2LP 12-inch vinyl gatefold package with new liner notes penned by MAD SEASON drummer Barrett Martin specially for this 20th-anniversary edition. Remastered in stereo sound for this 20th-anniversary vinyl edition, "Live At The Moore" includes the full 11-song set, originally released in part on VHS in 1995 and later expanded for release on CD and DVD as part of the deluxe reissue of "Above" in 2013. The double vinyl track listing is as follows: Disc 1 01. Wake Up 02. Lifeless Dead 03. Artificial Red 04. River Of Deceit 05. I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier 06. Long Gone Day Disc 2 01. I'm Above 02. I Don t Know Anything 03. X-Ray Mind 04. All Alone 05. November Hotel "Above" was released in 1995 and certified gold for sales of half a million copies. It yielded two Top 20 rock singles, "River Of Deceit" and "I Don't Know Anything". The group officially dissolved in 1999 following the death of bassist John Baker Saunders, while lead singer Layne Staley of ALICE IN CHAINS died three years later in 2002. McCready told The Pulse Of Radio that revisiting the album was a bittersweet experience. "It's been a lot of mixed emotions," he said. "That was a record I couldn't listen to for a really long time, just because of Layne and Baker both dying, and the darkness that had kind of followed that record. I'm very proud of it, and a lot of fans have come up to me and said that it's their favorite record and it's made a difference in their lives, so that made me kind of happy to know that it did that." The reissue, made available in April 2013, contained the original album, an unreleased track called "Locomotive", a remix, and three songs written and sung by Mark Lanegan that were originally intended for the band's sophomore album. The second disc offered a recording of the Moore Theatre show, while the accompanying video was featured on DVD alongside a New Year's Eve performance in Seattle and a couple of radio appearances.
madseasonlivemoore.jpg

More...