Maiden DVDs

matcauthron

Son of the Nine Moons
Sep 6, 2002
France
www.thibaut-cousin.net
Being in the temple of metal (understand: Germany) for 2 days, I managed to find the DVD edition of Live after Death... :D I will tell you more about it when I'm back home to watch it! The cover says there are some extras, but they don't say what... I don't expect too much, though.

Someone mentioned some Maiden DVD were on eBay. I'm not really familiar with it but I had a quick look and didn't find anything. But it seems there are several eBay sites (ebay.fr, ebay.co.uk, etc). On which one did you see them?

I do hope that the DVD you got will work with your DVD player. That would suck to find out that the Region Code on your disc is different from the one on your DVD player, or to find out that you just purchased a PAL disc instead of a NTSC disc. (You must know which system works for your TV. Most of Europe is PAL, while USA and other countries are NTSC.)

As far as the Maiden DVDs are concerned, just enter Iron Maiden Live DVD in the search section of Ebay.com. That's how I found it.

Originally posted by smylex
I do hope that the DVD you got will work with your DVD player. That would suck to find out that the Region Code on your disc is different from the one on your DVD player, or to find out that you just purchased a PAL disc instead of a NTSC disc. (You must know which system works for your TV. Most of Europe is PAL, while USA and other countries are NTSC.)

As far as the Maiden DVDs are concerned, just enter Iron Maiden Live DVD in the search section of Ebay.com. That's how I found it.

I don't think there will be a problem. My DVD drive is region-free and my software player can read everything. ;) Anyway, most musical DVD are region 0, i.e. they work everywhere. I'll discover that tomorrow!

Anyway, I'm not sure about one thing you said: PAL is not only for Europe. I believe that, for DVD, NTSC is almost restricted for US. Even Japan uses PAL...

Originally posted by matcauthron
Anyway, I'm not sure about one thing you said: PAL is not only for Europe. I believe that, for DVD, NTSC is almost restricted for US. Even Japan uses PAL...

I think Japan uses NTSC. They were using it back in 1991-1992 when I was stationed there. Wish I still had my Iron Maiden videotape of the band at the show they did at the Rainbow back in 1980.

In other news, I finally got my DVD of Live After Death ! Yay!:) Picture is sooooooooooooooooo good...

MANNN!!! I would love to get my hands on a Live After Death DVD! Guess I better start searching on Ebay for it. I didn't know it existed so I never really searched for it. I do however have a copy of a Paul DiAnno Maiden vintage live show. Man does it ever rock. But, resolution is crappy, but still, you can just see, hear, feel that energy. True Classic!

Originally posted by smylex
I think Japan uses NTSC. They were using it back in 1991-1992 when I was stationed there. Wish I still had my Iron Maiden videotape of the band at the show they did at the Rainbow back in 1980.

Japan used NTSC for video cassettes, but they left it out for DVDs, if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by Keyser Soze
ebay.com the US site

Thanks. I went there, but they have only a region 1 DVD for Raising Hell. I could read it, but I know a region 2 DVD exists. I'll wait for it!

By the way, the Live after Death DVD is GREAT!!! :headbang: The picture is as good as the VHS (I don't see how it could be better, except by remastering the whole thing), the sound is all right...

The bonus are really useless, though. A couple of pictures, that's all.

Live after Death rocks!!

Got my Live After Death DVD. I was disappointed. It has the same video resolution as the VCR tape that I already have! I was hoping it'd be better, but that's what I get for not inquiring about it. I also noticed that the audio was not in sync with the video. :bah:

Originally posted by Red Shirt
Got my Live After Death DVD. I was disappointed. It has the same video resolution as the VCR tape that I already have! I was hoping it'd be better, but that's what I get for not inquiring about it. I also noticed that the audio was not in sync with the video. :bah:

Check your DVD player. I didn't have the same problem with the sound. The picture is a little fuzzy. They must not have used a good master to duplicate with, unlike the Kiss DVD I got.