Maiden in Denver 2005 pics

yeah! and coors field too! - i lived in denver when it was being built - great view and great beer
four more days till maiden hits l.a.! WOOOOOOOOOO

Great photos, when I look at them I just think, damn those guys are good!

I wonder why they change guitars so often during one show; is it for different tone, or to reduce the risk of string breakage.

I noticed Janick’s black axe has much mileage on the body, reliced the old-fashoned way.

Hey Dion, GREAT PICS! I met you at the Sleep Train Amp. with my Friend Tammy. Good to meet you!

What ever happened to Steve's blue fender bass... the one he used for ever? I think He used it from Number of the beast thru Fear of the Dark.

By the way, MAIDEN fricken RULES the planet as far as metal goes! Ozzfest was a blast and Sabbath was great too! :headbang:

chow,
David

RoboCaster said:

I wonder why they change guitars so often during one show; is it for different tone, or to reduce the risk of string breakage.
[COLOR]

Exactly. If songs are tuned differently it's easier to switch guitars rather than tune the same guitar up and down. Especially when each one of them probably have many, many guitars.

maidensfan13 said:
Exactly. If songs are tuned differently it's easier to switch guitars rather than tune the same guitar up and down. Especially when each one of them probably have many, many guitars.

Especially if you have a tremelo bridge that is set up to a specific tension..

That siad, all of their songs that I have ever played were tuned in A440; not too sure about their last release though, cause I haven’t tried it yet.

I'm thinking they use different guitars for various levels of brightness due to overall wood configuration and perhaps pickup phasing in order to change the crunchiness and tonal energy of the notes.