Maidens coming to NYC anytime soon?

Hello there everyone. My name is Greg Godina, and I live in a city called Waukesha, Wisconsin which is at least 20 miles west of Milwaukee. This is also my very first posting on this forum on any subject, so I guess you can say that I am a Iron Maidens "virgin":loco:

How about making a stop in the Brew City of Milwaukee Wisconsin? I know that myself and lots of other people over here would love it!!!!:headbang:

Thank You!!

Greg Godina

Air Raid Siren said:
Welcome to the boards, JayHawk! Being an East Coast girl, it would be so much fun playing on the home turf! But it's all in the hands of the booking gods - pray for us!! :D

I'm so glad I found you guys (girls I should say) :headbang: on MySpace!!! I am praying to the booking gods for you...I am originally from Philly too, now living in NYC. I really hope I can see you guys perform live either here in NYC or in Philly.

Take care,
Shana

I gotta say. NYC doesn't seem to get the big names unless they play Madison Square Gardens. I notice a lot of my favorite 80s metal bands don't play in NYC, but go to smaller venues in the 'burbs. or Jersey. Are NYC venues too expensive?

I don't have a car, so I can't just drive to a concert like I could in the old days in the Midwest. Many a nights I treked from KC to Lawrence, Kansas to catch a band. But no-can-do in the Big Apple. I would love to catch the Maidens out East, as well as Bubble from the LA area. Any Bubble/Vixen fans out there?

Jayhawk

Woo Hoo! Midwest Represents......er...or Northern Plains...or whatever! Welcome, Brother! Greetings to Millioke (which means "The Good Land") Truly Fine People up there...

Jayhawk

Greg Godina said:
Hello there everyone. My name is Greg Godina, and I live in a city called Waukesha, Wisconsin which is at least 20 miles west of Milwaukee. This is also my very first posting on this forum on any subject, so I guess you can say that I am a Iron Maidens "virgin":loco:

How about making a stop in the Brew City of Milwaukee Wisconsin? I know that myself and lots of other people over here would love it!!!!:headbang:

Thank You!!

Greg Godina

Jayhawk said:
I gotta say. NYC doesn't seem to get the big names unless they play Madison Square Gardens. I notice a lot of my favorite 80s metal bands don't play in NYC, but go to smaller venues in the 'burbs. or Jersey. Are NYC venues too expensive?

I don't have a car, so I can't just drive to a concert like I could in the old days in the Midwest. Many a nights I treked from KC to Lawrence, Kansas to catch a band. But no-can-do in the Big Apple. I would love to catch the Maidens out East, as well as Bubble from the LA area. Any Bubble/Vixen fans out there?

Jayhawk

I just saw Anthrax at the Nokia in Times Square (I think that theater holds about 1500 - 2000)...for smaller venues there are places in Brooklyn and Long Island that I know about...Also if they came to Philly we have smaller clubs there that they can perform in (since Aja is originally from Philly that would be great for her) :headbang:

poker_fan

We must have been at the same show! Totally awesome! I did catch Anthrax before at the Irving Plaza show earlier. That was awesome too!

Jayhawk

Jayhawk said:
poker_fan

We must have been at the same show! Totally awesome! I did catch Anthrax before at the Irving Plaza show earlier. That was awesome too!

Jayhawk

Hey there...I'm assuming the show at Irving Plaza was with John? :headbang:

I really wish they would let us know what's gonna happen with their new album...

It's not just NYC or Philly. The Maidens would fill Pop's in Sauget IL (St. Louis), the Rave in Milwaukee, or the Norva (Norfolk VA). These are all good sized clubs with a long history of great rock bands. There aren't too many states that don't have a suitable venue for the Maidens. Some of these shows will be larger than what the Maidens are used to back home, because no one will take the opportunity to see them for granted. If you book it, they will come! Iron Maiden has seen a resurgence in popularity througout the U.S., especially with the younger crowd. Cover bands are covering Maiden, local radio shows are playing Maiden, Hot Topic in the Malls are selling Maiden merch. Alexander saw a world ripe for conquest. Right now, the U.S. metal market is ripe for the Iron Maidens! They are the best tribute band to a group that is soon to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Share the music, do the tour.