Mainstream O-meter

Wander

10+2=6
Jan 2, 2007
Finland
I don't know if many people here already know this, but I recently found this site, which calculates the mainstreamness of your music taste with the information of your Last.fm account. I was just wondering how mainstream you people are :p

Ok, so all you have to do, is put your last.fm account name there and it'll give you the results.

http://mainstream.vincentahrend.com/

Btw. I got 22% mainstream. But that propably wouldn't be as high if my brother didn't use the same computer and add his music to the last.fm.

I'd assume my number being closer to... maybe 15% in reality.
But anyway; everyone who has Last.fm account, post your results here!

9.89% mainstream. Opeth, DT, Arch Enemy , Lamb of God, CoB brought it down, though I've only mostly heard one of those bands songs =P

Last.fm is scene... by not knowing of it, you are kvlt/gr1m/frostbitten.

Actually, I had little idea of what it was, just that alot of people have it. :p

Last.fm is a web-site, which builds a detailed profile of each user's musical taste by recording details of all the songs the user listens to.

That's about it.

6.50%. All my classic rock bands brought brought it up, as well as Dream Theater and Dimmu.

Last.fm is a great way to find new bands. Just visit the site and see all the other crap.

6.50%. All my classic rock bands brought brought it up, as well as Dream Theater and Dimmu.

Last.fm is a great way to find new bands. Just visit the site and see all the other crap.

Yeah, that's very much true. I've found a few decent bands with Last.fm... Like Kamelot.

Last.fm rules.

12.56%.

Sigur Rós, Björk, Peter Gabriel, and Third Eye Blind in my top 20 raised it up. No matter, I love those artists.

Nightingale, Mostly Autumn, Sylvan & Xenn don't even register as more than 0%.

That mainstream o-meter is so stupid. Who gives a crap how "mainstream" anything is? If it sounds good, listen to it ffs, don't let these things trick your mind into thinking that it's bad to listen to it. Argh. I honestly hate when people call something "mainstream". It's such a misused term most of the time. :erk:

That mainstream o-meter is so stupid. Who gives a crap how "mainstream" anything is? If it sounds good, listen to it ffs, don't let these things trick your mind into thinking that it's bad to listen to it. Argh. I honestly hate when people call something "mainstream". It's such a misused term most of the time. :erk:

Firstly, it's just for fun. I don't care a fuck about how mainstream my music is. That thing only calculates the "mainstreamness" by the amount of listeners in last.fm. for example Pink Floys has 526,017 listeners in last.fm, which means that it's around 70% "mainstream" by this scale.

People on Last.fm may actually have pretty good music taste in general so it doesn't show the whole truth :p

Do you get it now? To put it simply, with that thing you can test, how much your music is comparable with last.fm people in general. In other words, how mainstream your music is.

And I am the one who's got the highest result on whole forum yet. But I still don't think there's anything wrong with my (or my brother's) music taste.