MALADAPTIVE releases demo CD mixed by JOEY VERA and make MP3s available online

Maladaptive

New Metal Member
May 31, 2005
MALADAPTIVE releases demo CD mixed by JOEY VERA and make MP3s available online

MALADAPTIVE has just released their self-entitled first demo CD with four songs mixed by JOEY VERA (ANTHRAX, FATES WARNING, ARMORED SAINT). This explosive disc brings the band’s powerful and aggressive way of composing and executing an extreme package of intrincate thrash guitar riffs, strong and intense drums and bass playing, and a variation of harsh and clean vocals delivered by Frédéric LECLERCQ.

The group is better described by their own mixer: “Great musicianship, great melodies and interesting guitar riffs make for a cool group to watch out for. They have a cool balance of a traditional and modern sound.” Completing his comments on MALADAPTIVE, JOEY VERA also explains his objectives when mixing “Maladaptive”, “Burn The Witches”, “Monster” and “Traitor” (the four songs of the demo): “The tracks I mixed were sent to me in a very intuitive way so that the song really jumped out at you. I just tried to push them further in your face.” And we must say he was very successful doing that.

Formed by the above-mentioned Frédéric LECLERCQ (vocals / guitars), plus Pierre-Emmanuel PELISSON (bass), and Max PILO (drums), the French trio marks a huge disruption in its members history. Formely musicians of the acclaimed euro speed metal band HEAVENLY, they had experiences of recording with Kai Hansen (guest musician on Heavenly’s “Coming From The Sky”), touring with acts such as Stratovarius, Edguy and Symphony X, and working with renowned producers and mixers as Tommy Hansen (Pretty Maids, Helloween, etc.) and Sascha Paeth (Kamelot, Brainstorm, etc.).

Although proud of their past, they looked for a new sound to fit in their real tastes and roots. PELISSON clarifies the radical change: “Fred never really liked this style (euro speed / melodic metal) in the first place (...) and
while I liked this style, I grew tired of it, and came back to my original love (heavy metal, thrash metal) and discovered more death and black metal”.

MALADAPTIVE’s music reached the ears of drummer AQUILES PRIESTER Priester (ANGRA, HANGAR) - a.k.a. “Octopus”, a die hard fan of thrash and death metal - whom stated: “Talent and innovation. There is no better combination for a new band to go straight to the top. And that's exactly what I realized while listening to Maladaptive. The compositions vary extremely fast moments, some more cadenced, and always very technical and very well worked in your face guitars with colours that remind us the best of the 80's Thrash Metal. However, if there's some nostalgia in those comments, it ends up right here, as this band brings a lot of fresh stuff in the arrangements and vocal melodies. For certain this mix has everything to be successful as nowadays there are few dauntless bands investing and / or showing something new, just like Maladaptive does. Impressive!”

Following the demo CD, the band is also releasing its official website - www.maladaptive.net -, and through it making available (on the media page) the samples of “Maladaptive”, “Monster” and “Traitor” and the track “Burn the witches” in its entirety - in high quality.