8. To Die Is At Hand
9. Coronation Of Our Domain
10. Monster
11. All That Remains
12. Alliance Of War
13. Infernal Desire
14. Living In Fear
15. Malevolent Creation

First thing that must be mentioned here is the sound quality, simply amazing and nearly impeccable for a live recording. Right on par with MORBID ANGEL's Entangled In Chaos. Featuring the line-up from The Will To Kill sessions, the only addition being NILE drummer Tony Laureano, the band plows through 15 songs loaded with classics. This is the band's first appearance in South America and judging from these recordings, they did not disappoint. If it is at all possible, the recording of "Blood Brothers" that appears here is heavier than the original from Eternal. Vocalist Kyle Symons does a great job of covering all eras of M.C., the only albums not represented here being Stillborn and In Cold Blood.

If you're a fan of live albums, especially ones where sometimes the live version is better than the studio, then pick up Conquering South America, you will be pleased. I know I am. The band is in top form and in good spirits, that much is evident simply by listening to this album.

Rating: 8/10
Papa Josh

Papa Josh said:
Did I mention that this album is Top 25 worthy? (Sorry Ali, I must continue tradition and bring the 3rd annual Top 25 list!)
No! That's a cop out. Either way, you have to have 10 top albums listed anyway, so the remaining will be honorbale mentions. Otherwise why not just list *everything* you listened to this year? That's the whole point of "top 10". :loco:

Top 10s are for lazy elitists that can't be bothered to find 20 cds that they enjoyed this year. :loco:

I easily have more than 25 that are great, but I have done a Top 25 for the last 2 years, it would seem like a cop out to me to change that.

I guess my honorable mentions will be listed in order of preference...

Dirty bitch. :lol:

One one hand, I have the NADster telling me that he can barely muster 3 good records from 2004, and then I've got you loving everything under the sun.

Here's a question - how on earth are you getting round to listening to more than 25 releases from 2004? In total, I have *properly* heard 35 releases from 2004, and I thought that was a lot! So making 10 from 35 seems feasible.

I listen to music 85-90% of my day, sometimes the wife gets pissed, but she knew this about me when she got on board... :loco:

I've definitely heard more than 35 cds... which is probably why it's proportionally easy for me to come up with 25.

Granted, this year isn't as good to me as last year...