Malice Audio Drum Samples

joelplagues

Jan 11, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
Decided to start releasing some Drum Samples I've had around for ages along with some newer stuff.

madssmaller.jpg

There's currently a few unprocessed snares(Brass 14x6, DW 14x5) that are multi mic'd and recorded on an ssl4000E with mono and stereo rooms.

A set of unprocessed Toms recorded on a Neve Custom Series 75 with mono and stereo rooms.

and A Ludwig Snare which I baked multiple mics into and processed.

Check it out and let me know what you think. Example clips on each have the most basic and simple processing just to show how easy they are to dejunk and start carving a nice sound into them.

http://maliceaudio.bigcartel.com/

Hoping to put up a set of 4 Yamaha Stage Custom Toms shortly which have become a personal favourite of mine.

Just bought the brass and DW snares (would have love to buy the other one but i only use TCI´s)

also..could you update the info on the toms? (number of toms and sizes)

Loving brass one. Totally getting that one in few days.

Glad you dig it. some of these have been sitting on a hard drive unused for some time haha.

these snares are seriously fucking AWESOME. very 'real' and audiophile.

...and that room??????? DAMN

Glad you are enjoying them CJ! wanted to give people something as natural and flexible as possible so I'm glad it shows. The room on the current snares is funny. It's THE UGLIEST studio I have ever been in but I think I keep going back because I get to play on the SSL more haha. thankfully it sounds alright too.

Just bought the brass and DW snares (would have love to buy the other one but i only use TCI´s)

also..could you update the info on the toms? (number of toms and sizes)

I may look to release the Canadian Maple snare in tci in the future. The unprocessed version may also see the light of day sometime too.

Just updated the toms, sorry for not making that clear originally.

Toms
-Evans ec2 on batter side and g1 on resonant.
-12" Rack
-14" Floor
-16" Floor

Mics/samples
-MD421(close microphone)
-TLM103 Mono Room
-Stereo Room-Beez Neez mics, HOT into Api 3124Pre, Smart c2 with gentle compression.
NKI and TCI Formats

Examples
https://soundcloud.com/malice-audio-productions/leg-day-toms-junglebeat

https://soundcloud.com/malice-audio-productions/leg-day-toms-metal-beat

Im a little sad here :(
I opened the brass snare and saw that you also included a .prs file and i thought it was really thoughtful of you
but then i opened the maple one and there is no .prs file :S...
not that it is something that important.
But with samples like this (with multiple tci´s for mics) its awesome to be able to just open one file and just change levels to taste.

Not that im lazy to make my own one (its very easy)... but its like...why one and not the other?

Please don't take this the wrong way;) the samples are awesome and cheap so i feel ashamed to even bring that up but
its just some constructive criticism...

so everyone just ignore me and BUY THIS SAMPLES

Im a little sad here :(
I opened the brass snare and saw that you also included a .prs file and i thought it was really thoughtful of you
but then i opened the maple one and there is no .prs file :S...
not that it is something that important.
But with samples like this (with multiple tci´s for mics) its awesome to be able to just open one file and just change levels to taste.

Not that im lazy to make my own one (its very easy)... but its like...why one and not the other?

Please don't take this the wrong way;) the samples are awesome and cheap so i feel ashamed to even bring that up but
its just some constructive criticism...

so everyone just ignore me and BUY THIS SAMPLES

Sorry dude! some of the old stuff had TCI's done by someone else and I also haven't done much TCI work before. Being in the first stages of releasing this stuff I'm still finding the best way to give people these samples. I'll try keep this in mind for the future releases though.

Cheers

Love your "Ludwig Maple 14*7 processed" snare in your audio example (very Bergstrand-ish), didn't find it tho. Is it for sale??