MALICE Guitarist MICK ZANE Diagnosed With Brain Tumor

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to Michael Fischer of KNAC.com, Mick Zane, lead guitarist and founding member of the classic 1980s heavy metal band MALICE, will undergo brain surgery Monday after he was diagnosed with a small brain tumor.Zane, who is currently in an intensive care unit (ICU) in Burbank, California, suffered a seizure earlier week is awake and resting, with his family and bandmates by his side. He said: "I went to JUDAS PRIEST at Nokia Theater [in Los Angeles] Tuesday night. I left the show with a terrible headache, [and] the next day I got sick in the studio and they had to call the EMTs [emergency medical technicians] and rush me to the emergency room."Mick, who has yet to find out if his tumor is malignant or not, has been in the studio writing and recording material for his first-ever solo album. The project, which was set to feature some major artist guest players sitting in on various tracks, has been put on hold.MALICE's latest album, "New Breed Of Godz", was released in May 2012 through SPV/Steamhammer.The band's two Atlantic releases — "In the Beginning" (1985) and "License to Kill" (1986) — are available Stateside on WEA label Wounded Bird and have continued to sell over the years.
maliceband2012_638.jpg

More...