mame emulator and roms

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
i have been building up my collectioon of roms,does anyone here know some really good mame roms sites as i cant find the ones i am looking for?

also is there any other emulators that are worth checking out,i have an amiga one but mame is so much easier to use

thanks

Wish I could help Lordlindsey but all the good Mame rom sites I know of have been shut down. I lost all my roms a little over a year ago when my puter took a shit on me and I was a dumbass and didn't make backups for most of them and I'm having a hell of a time getting them back. 3 years ago there were mame sites full of roms all over the place but they've really cracked down on them and now it's nearly impossible to find any. I'll PM you if I find any good sites though. I have seen rom sets on some of the P2P deals so you might want to check those out.

KY_Fried442 said:
Wish I could help Lordlindsey but all the good Mame rom sites I know of have been shut down. I lost all my roms a little over a year ago when my puter took a shit on me and I was a dumbass and didn't make backups for most of them and I'm having a hell of a time getting them back. 3 years ago there were mame sites full of roms all over the place but they've really cracked down on them and now it's nearly impossible to find any. I'll PM you if I find any good sites though. I have seen rom sets on some of the P2P deals so you might want to check those out.
yeah i have only been going to rom world and rom nation,they have some good stuff but i always got the feeling they took all the really good shit down

i have a shitload of roms myself. I can e-mail up to 10 mb of them. I have every nes snes and genesis game released in the US and a shitload of capcom and neo geo games. all the metal slug games.

also Bit Torrent is a realy good p2p program. you should download azureus from here http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

and go to www.suprnova.org to get the torrents. you can either browse or search for the torrents and then when you find it left click on it and it saves to your comp. then click on the torrent that you saved and it will open azureus and begin downloading. don't right click and save as because for some reason it downloads the link and not the actual torrent file so azureus won't read it. and make sure your always going to that exact suprnova website cause there is a bunch of clones that have spyware.
-Jono-

suprnova.org has assloads of Mame roms. Not many individual rom downloads but plenty of full sets. They're huge though so if your like me and stuck with dial-up you're pretty much SOL.