Manchester Gig Review..

nik

Dictator of Laughter
Mar 28, 2004
Bold Savage Land ENGLAND
ANTHRAX WERE VERY POOR, SOUND WAS POOR, SET LIST WAS DIFFERENT :yell: :yell: WERE WAS 'I AM THE LAW', SEEN ANTHRAX A FEW TIMES & THEY ARE THE BEST NORMALLY, NEED AN OLD SCHOOL TOUR WITH LIKES OF MEGADETH, TESTAMENT, OVERKILL, SLAYER AND PLEASE MAKE UP WIH BILLY S.O.D WOULD BLOW :headbang: :headbang: PPL AWAY AGAIN........ :headbang: :headbang:
NIK U/K/H/C.

Excuse me - but exactly which Manchester gig did you go to??? Shall we have a look at some of the things you said - and as a point its really rude to use CAPS LOCK on a message board!!!!

Firstly if they were "so poor" - how come this was the first time on tour that they came back for a second encore - the crowd was blown away and woudl not let the band leave after the first encore - as John said on the night "encores are earned by both band and crowd"!!!

1. Where the fuck do you get off saying that Anthrax "were very poor" - what grounds do you have for this? They always give 100% and they are all fine tight musicians - what do you mean by poor???

2. I have a slight agreement with you on the sound, however they have a new sound guy and he obviously needs some time to get things sorted out - I thought the drums, and guitar sounds were great!!! ( and I have mixed sound for a number of bands so that coimes from some sort of knowledge!!)

3. So the set list was different - this is the 4th time they have played in manchester in about 2 and a half years - do you expect them to play exactly the same songs each time - if you do then you will be at the gig on your own coz it will bore the rest of us!!! Is "I am the Law" so vital, I have my faves too but I dont bleat if they dont play em!!!

4. Old School tour might be fun - so lets see fi it ever happens!!!

5. I really dont see the need for SOD to play again - Billy has stated his position and his ego just runs riot every time they get together - so I dont ever see it happening!!!

Just out of interest, how many times have you seen Anthrax - and when did you first see them!!

first of all sorry about the caps lock ,did not know!!!!!!!New to message boards-NOT new to Anthrax!!!!!!!.Seen them about seven times now NOT getting involved in a I'm a bigger fan than you thing!!.
I stand by my writing...they were the poorest I have seen them & thats ALL I can go off. They have been in the past the best live band I have seen I just felt something was not right on the night, maybe it was the sound thing???.Maybe the venue? last time I saw them at the apollo the were bloody great. Yes it was great to hear 'be all,end all'. I just need my 'I am the law fix'!!!!.Deathrider was :OMG: .......SHIT purhaps I did enjoy it.......MUST HAVE BEEN THE BEER THEN.......(sorry caps again).