Mansun...not Marilyn Manson

Episteme

Jul 10, 2003
Perth, Western Australia
Visit site
Mansun were one of the best British rock groups in the late 90s. Attack of the Grey Lantern and Six are some of the best songwriting I've ever heard from a rock band who pushes the envelope with samples and "concept" album type writing even if it's not an album with a story behind. Every song seems to fit perfectly and has a climax and resolution to it. Not to mention really good drumming! :) Unfortunately, Little Kix didn't live up to the heights that the first 2 albums drew but it's ok...

Highly recommended band, anyone else agree?

Maybe they're special in my heart because they were one of the bands I started out with. I listen to it now still and I think it's really good songwriting... Sure beats the living crap out of Oasis and Suede and The Manic Street Preachers.

attack of the grey lanter was average but six is such a great fucking album. twisting and turning at every turn, combining prog, indie, opera,the 4th doctor who (yes he appears on it) and a samples of the murdoch press and the sugar plum press thrown in.

without that album i doubt we would have had bands like Coheed and Cambria for sure

Werent Mansun from Macclesfield? Im sure I know their drummer. Anyway, ive got an old t-shirt of them, got a skull and crossbones on the front, was that anything to do with any of the albums?