MARILYN MANSON Pays Tribute To Tattoo Artist NORM WILL RISE: 'Your Art Will Live On In My Skin'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Marilyn Manson has paid tribute to legendary tattoo and graffiti artist Eric Rosenbaum, better known as Norm Will Rise, who passed away over the weekend. Norm's cause of death has not been revealed. However, it appears his passing was unexpected, with his last Instagram update showing that he was scheduled to appear at the "Get Inked Miami" convention in Florida this weekend and return to Los Angeles by the end of the month. Late Saturday night, Manson took to his Twitter to write: "NORM. A TRUE FRIEND AND AMAZING ARTIST. PUT ALOT OF TATTOOS ON ME. I LOVE YOU MAN AND HOPE YOU ARE SOMEWHERE PEACEFUL. YOUR ART WILL LIVE ON IN MY SKIN. RIP. AND THIS IS A REALLY SAD DAY FOR ME. HE WAS A GREAT PERSON THAT SHOULD STILL BE HERE." Just last month, Manson shared a video of him getting tattooed by Rosenbaum. In the clip, which can be seen below, the shock rocker was getting his thigh worked on before the tattoo artist told him to "stop," suggesting he didn't want Manson to shoot videos while Eric was working. Born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, Norm Will Rise moved to California and got his start as a graffiti writer in 1998 in San Francisco. He quickly rose through the ranks of the graffiti world and gradually moved on to painting and tattooing.

NORM. A TRUE FRIEND AND AMAZING ARTIST. PUT ALOT OF TATTOOS ON ME. I LOVE YOU MAN AND HOPE YOU ARE SOMEWHERE PEACEFUL. YOUR ART WILL LIVE ON IN MY SKIN. RIP. AND THIS IS A REALLY SAD DAY FOR ME. HE WAS A GREAT PERSON THAT SHOULD STILL BE HERE.

— Marilyn Manson (@marilynmanson) October 13, 2019

Continue reading...